Sunday, July 3, 2016

Cooking Corner: Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake

Can you believe tomorrow is the 4th of July?  I'm super excited to spend time with my family and watch fireworks.  I wanted to do a patriotic dessert so I headed to Pinterest!  I found a really easy Red, White, and Blue Poke Cake.  You may also know it as jello cake.  They are so good and you can make a ton of different flavors.  If you make this tweet me so I can see your cakes!  Have an AMAZING 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ingredients:
1 box of white cake mix (plus ingredients on the box)
1 package of red jello
1 package of blue jello
1 tub of Cool Whip
Sprinkles or berries


Directions:
1.  Prepare and bake cake in 9X13 pan using directions on the box.
2.  Let cake cool for 15 minutes.  Use a fork and poke holes all over the cake in rows.  You should end up with about 15 rows.
3.  Mix red jello with 3/4 cup of boiling water until dissolved.  Add 1/2 cup of cold water and pour into every other row of holes.
4.  Repeat with the blue jello.  Cover your cake and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5.  Spread the Cool Whip on top.  Add sprinkles or berries for decoration.





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment