Monday, September 30, 2013

DWTS Season 17: It's Hollywood Night!


It's week 3!  It's Hollywood Night!  The dances will honor famous Hollywood stars.  The show started with a group dance.  They are really impressing me with the opening numbers this season.  Last week the first celebrity went home.  Tonight another celebrity goes exits.  I really like the new format.  The elimination was just a waste of time.



Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani:
Her Hollywood dance is James Bond inspired.  This week she danced the Rumba.  I really like her!  They have a great connection.  It had plenty of passion which is perfect for this dance.  Her arms seemed a little bit stiff but she is definitely stepping it up.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff:
His dance was inspired by old Hollywood scandals.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I just LOVE him.  She choreographed it to be the quickest Quickstep ever attempted on the show.  It succeeded for sure!  I loved the old Hollywood feel of it all.  He is perfection in my eyes.  His score was 26 out of 30.

Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Valentin Chmerkovskiy:
Her dance was inspired by Pan Am.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  I'm still not loving her.  The judges love her though.  I thought she didn't show enough emotion.  There was some mess ups.  I thought it could've been much better.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd:
His dance was inspired by The Great Gatsby.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  His foot was injured this week but I couldn't tell at all.  He was amazing!  It was quick and very entertaining.  He can really dance!  He is officially one of my favorites.  His score was 27 out of 30.

Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus:
Her dance was inspired by Grace Kelly and Freddie Mercury.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  Sadly it wasn't good.  She couldn't keep up with the speed of the dance.  She understands though.  She is just having fun and enjoying herself.  She'll probably go soon.  Her score was 16 out of 30.

Bill Engvall and Emma Slater:
His dance was inspired by The Lone Ranger.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  I thought he did a great job!  He is improving each week.  I think it was his best so far!  It had the perfect amount of passion and intensity.  His score was 24 out of 30.

Amber Riley and Derek Hough:
Her dance was inspired by The Great Gatsby.  This week she danced the Charleston.  She KILLED this dance.  It was just amazing!  I loved how modern it felt but still old school.  Her footwork was better but still needed to be sharper.  The judges were very harsh though.  I love her!  Her score was 24 out of 30.

Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke:
His dance was inspired by 70's Hollywood.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  Every time he dances I just feel so happy.  He is just adorable.  This wasn't his best but I thought he did a good job.  He needs to work on his hips and arms.  His score was 22 out of 30.

Christina Milian and Mark Ballas:
Her dance was inspired by vaudeville.  This week she danced the Charleston.  This was amazing!  She had emotion and it was just so much fun.  It wasn't very modern but I still enjoyed it.  I thought it was classy.  Her score was 26 out of 30.

Snooki and Sasha Farber:
Her dance was inspired by Marilyn Monroe.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I loved this dance!  It was so classy and elegant.  She's really pushing herself and improving each week.  She is one to beat for sure.  I can't wait for more.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Bill Nye and Tyne Stecklein:
His dance was inspired by the future.  This week he danced Jazz.  He had a knee injury that was very serious.  It is hard to judge because he didn't really dance.  At least he didn't give up and quit.  I like the determination.  His score was 16 out of 30.

Brant, Christina, Snooki, Amber, Jack, Valerie, Corbin, Elizabeth, Bill E., and Leah are safe.  Bill Nye is eliminated.  I knew his time was coming soon but I applaud him.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment