Monday, September 23, 2013

DWTS Season 17: First Elimination!


It's week 2!  Tonight will be this season's first elimination also.  Since there is no result show this year things will be different.  Tonight all the couples will dance but at the end of the show someone will go based on last weeks votes and scores.  The show started with a big group dance.  I love how they involve the celebrities this year.

Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Valentin Chmerkovskiy:
She has decided to become a different character for each dance.  This week she danced the Samba.  The judges all love her.  I just find her boring.  I thought she did a good job but I didn't love it.  She has also been a trained dancer before so I think it's unfair.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Christina Milian and Mark Ballas:
She wants to stand out and be more fierce.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I actually loved this dance.  It had a more modern twist which I really enjoyed.  She has become much more confident this week which is important for this dance.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Bill Engvall and Emma Slater:
He didn't feel like the judges comments reflected their scores last week so he wanted to prove them wrong.  This week he danced the Jive.  He impresses me every time.  He really isn't that bad of a dancer.  He needs to work on his footwork though.  His score was 21 out of 30.

Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke:
He had a hard time showing different emotions.  This week he danced the Rumba.  He is just so cute!  I thought this dance was really good.  He showed emotion and he even did the splits which I found impressive.  He still needs a little work though.  His score was 24 out of 30.

Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess:
He has to travel a lot for work so he's worried about it affecting his performance.  This week he danced the Samba.  He is not good at all.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  He is also always off beat with the music.  At least he's having fun.  His score was 18 out of 30.

Snooki and Sasha Farber:
She had a hard time being sensual with her partner in rehearsals.  This week she danced the Rumba.  It wasn't the best.  It needed to flow more.  It was to clean and stiff.  I still enjoy her though and I know she'll get better.  Her score was 20 out of 30.

Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani:
She recently left the Scientology church so she is trying to deal with her emotions.  This week she danced the Samba.  I really liked her.  She came out so confident and passion.  She still needs to improve some but I like her a lot.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

Bill Nye and Tyne Stecklein:
He was at the bottom and ready to make a comeback.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  It was definitely an improvement from last week.  He is always very entertaining though.  He needs to work on his foot work a lot more if he makes it.  His score was 17 out of 30.

Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff:
He wanted to honor all his High School Musical fans.  This week he danced the Jive.  I LOVED IT!  I am a huge HSM fan and it did take me back.  It was so fun and just exciting!  It had a raw edge to it also.  Plus they danced to One Direction who I also love.  His score was 26 out of 30.

Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus:
She doesn't want to be treated different just because she has cancer.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I didn't like it.  It lacked the passion and intensity that this dance needs.  She looked a little lost half way through.  She is inspiring though.  Her score was 19 out of 30.

Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd:
He really wants to keep improving.  This week he danced the Rumba.  It was the best Rumba of the night for sure.  It was very sexy!  I wanted more!  They just have excellent chemistry together.  He needs to work on his feet still but he's good.  His score was 23 out of 30.

Amber Riley and Derek Hough:
She doesn't want people to say she's a good dancer for her size, she wants them to say she's a good dancer.  This week she danced the Jive.  I really liked it.  It wasn't the best but I thought she did great.  It needed more bounce and better kicks.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

Next up was the elimination.  Corbin, Leah, Bill N., Christina, Amber, Valerie, Snooki, Jack, Brant, Elizabeth, and Bill E. are safe.  Keyshawn has been eliminated.  I honestly wasn't too surprised.





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment