Monday, April 29, 2013

DWTS Season 16: It's Latin Night!!!!


It's week 7 and tonight is Latin night.  Each couple will dance to a Latin hit.  I love Latin dances so I was very excited.  There will be 2 rounds of dances.  The couple with the highest score after round 1 will have immunity.  The remaining couples will compete in a dance off.  The winner of each dance off get an extra 3 points added their score.  I really liked the dance off idea.  I hope it continues to other seasons.

Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff:
He says dancing it much harder on the body than football.  This week he danced the Salsa.  I had high expectations for this dance.  He is such a smooth dancer I thought it'd be perfect for him.  I didn't love it.  It had too many lifts and tricks.  The judges loved it though.  His score was 27 out of 30.

Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson:
He used his General Hospital character as inspiration this week.  This week he danced the Rumba.  I'm usually not a fan of this dance style but I really liked it.  It was faster than a normal Rumba but very sexy.  The judges weren't big fans.  His score was 22 out of 30.

Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough:
She had travel for shows this week.  This week she danced the Samba.  It was so fun!  Their dances are always so exciting.  She has always been one of my favorites though.  Her score was 29 out of 30.

Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess:
He is constantly in the bottom of the pack.  This week he danced the Rumba.  I just love him!  He is not a great dancer but he always makes you happy.  Sometimes I think that means more.  He really does try.  The judges are hard on him though.  His score was 17 out of 30.

Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas:
Mark was injured during rehearsal but luckily he was able to perform tonight.  This week she danced the Salsa.  This was my favorite of the night!  It had lots of Salsa moves plus so much fun.  It's the most fun I've seen her have.  I think it was her personal best.  The judges loved it too.  Her score was 29 out of 30.

Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd:
Last week he was almost eliminated so he needs to redeem himself.  This week he danced the Rumba.  He did a good job.  He still needs a lot of work.  It was very stiff.  He really needs to just loosen up and enjoy it. The judges were split on what they thought.  His score was 24 out of 30.

Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy:
She really wants a perfect score.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I really liked it.  It was different for her because Paso isn't a happy dance.  It's all about passion and intensity.  I wanted it to be more intense.  The judges loved it.  Her score was 27 out of 30.

Round 2: The Dance Off:
Kellie is safe and can't be voted off because she had the highest score in round 1.  The remaining couples will compete in a dance off.  The winner of each dance off will get 3 extra points added to their score.  The first dance off is between Aly and Andy doing the Cha Cha.  Aly won this round.  Zendaya and Jacoby dance off to the Jive.  Zendaya wins.  Ingo and Sean dance off to the Rumba.  Ingo won.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment