Monday, April 22, 2013

DWTS Season 16: It's Stevie Wonder Night


Welcome to Week 6!  This week the couples will be dancing to songs by Stevie Wonder.  This is the first time they have featured one artist for the whole show.  The show started with Stevie Wonder and Hunter Hayes singing I Ain't Gonna Stand For It.  This week the couples will do an individual dance and a team dance.  they will either be Team Paso or Team Samba.  It's up to America to decide which team gets to perform the encore.  Go on Twitter use and use #encoreTEAM to vote.  I always enjoy team dances so I can't wait!

Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy:
Her Stevie Wonder song was Do I Do.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  She did great as usual.  It wasn't my favorite but I did like it.  I wanted it to be more fun.  I view Cha Cha as fun and excitement.  I just wanted more.  Her score was 29 out of 30.

Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess:His Stevie Wonder song was Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours.  This week he danced the Samba.  I just love him.  I don't even care if he is perfect.  I love his personality and just smile every time he dances.  His score was 18 out of 30.

Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd:
His Stevie Wonder song was I Wish.  This week he danced the Samba.   I wasn't impressed.  It was too bouncy.  He has had way better dances than this.  He did miss one day of practice but it's week 6 he should be much better.  His score was 21 out of 30.

Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas:
Her Stevie Wonder song was Isn't She Lovely.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  Of course I loved it.  I thought it was young and fresh.  I always love their choreography.  She is one of my favorites.  Her score was 27 out of 30.

Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson:
His Stevie Wonder song was Uptight (Everything's Alright).  This week he danced the Tango.  It was good.  To me a Tango has a lot of passion.  His was just fun and flirty.  Maybe a different song would've been a better choice.  The judges loved it though.  His score was 24 out of 30.

Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough:
Her Stevie Wonder song was Part-Time Lover.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I loved it!  It was so fast and just fun.  She could win the whole thing.  It was very very good.  She is great every week though.  Her score was 29 out of 30.

Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold:
His Stevie Wonder song was I Just Called To Say I Love You.  This week he danced the Rumba.  Sadly I think he might go home this week.  It was very stiff.  It needed more hip movement and more emotion.  He tried though.  His score was 18 out of 30.

Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff:
His Stevie Wonder song was For Once In My Life.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I like him more and more every week.  He makes every dance so fun.  This dance was hard for him because he needs to be in hold.  I like him better in Latin dances but I enjoyed it.  His score was 23 out of 30.

Team Paso:
This team featured Zendaya, Victor, Ingo, and Jacoby.  They danced to Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder.  It was entertaining but a little messy.  I didn't really like it.  The dancers were all at different levels of technique so it's hard to judge.  Their score was 22 out of 30.  This means 22 points will be added to each of their individual scores.

Team Samba:
This team featured Kellie, Ali, Andy, and Sean.  They danced to Superstition by Stevie Wonder.  I LOVED it!!!!!  It was so fun and energetic.  The there was 70's disco which I loved!  It was all together and everyone did awesome.  They nailed it.  Their score was 25 out of 30.  This means 25 points will be added to each of their individual scores.

Here are everybody's total scores of the night:
Zendaya-51 out of 60
Andy-43 out of 60
Sean-46 out of 60
Aly-52 out of 60
Ingo-46 out of 60
Kellie-54 out of 60
Victor-40 out of 60
Jacoby-45 out of 60

Sorry this is late tonight, I had a family dinner.  Tomorrow another celebrity goes home.  Who do you think it will be?  Let me know



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment