Monday, May 16, 2016

Funfetti Whoopie Pies

Yesterday was my moms birthday and I wanted to make something besides a cake.  So I headed to Pinterest!  I decided to make Funfetti Whoopie Pies.  Everybody loved these!  It's a SUPER easy recipe to make.  I wasn't a huge fan of the frosting so next time I'll just buy some.  I also rolled them in sprinkles but you don't have to.  If you make them tweet me pictures.  Enjoy!!!!!



Frosting:
3 egg whites
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 Tablespoons flour
2-4 tablespoons milk
2 1/4 cups crisco
6-7 cups of powdered sugar

Directions:
With electric mixer, whip all ingredients together until the consistency of a thick whipped cream.

Spread between two whoopie pie cookies. I use a heavy ziploc bag, fill it with icing, and cut a whole in the corner of the bag. Then pipe it onto the two cookies.

Whoopie Pies:
One Funfetti Cake Mix
Ingredients on the back of the mix
1 1/4 cup flour

Directions:
Beat all ingredients together for two minutes with electric mixer.

Drop by tablespoons full onto greased cookie sheet. (Or cookie sheet lined with parchment)

Bake in a 350*F oven 12-14 minutes or until firm and edges are light golden brown.

Let cool, take two cookies and fill with with whoopie pie frosting!!!



xo,
Jetica

No comments:

Post a Comment