Monday, November 4, 2013

DWTS Season 17: Cher Is In The Building


Welcome to week 8!  This season has went so fast!  This week Cher will be guest judging and performing.  I'm not a huge fan so we'll see how she does.  The celebrities will all be dancing to Cher's hit songs.  The couple with the highest score tonight will be safe from elimination.  The remaining 6 couples will have a dance off.  Cher opened the show by performing her song Believe.  I actually love this song so I enjoyed it.  Later she sang a new song called I Hope You Find It.  Another celebrity will be sent home tonight.


Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff:
He has many other work distractions.  His Cher song is Welcome to Burlesque.  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  It was good but it wasn't my favorite.  I had very high expectations but it didn't wow me.  I think the music just didn't fit.  I wanted more passion.  His score was 27 out of 30.

Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani:
She really wants to impress Cher.  Her Cher song is I Got You Babe.  This week she danced the Viennese Waltz.  It was pretty good.  I liked the concept of recreating when Sonny and Cher met.  She needed to work on her hold.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd:
He likes to be challenged even if it isn't perfect.  His Cher song is It's In His Kiss.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I loved it!  It was fun and flirty.  He has really been improving and I think he could really win.  He just needs to push himself a little harder.  His score was 27 out of 30.

Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Valentin Chmerkovskiy:
She is feeling a lot of stress because she switched her song.  Her Cher song is Bang Bang.  The week she danced Jazz.  I didn't love it.  I keep changing how I feel about her dances.  I just wanted it to be more powerful and more anger.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

Bill Engvall and Emma Slater:
His fans continue supporting and voting for him.  His Cher song is Strong Enough.  This week he danced the Disco.  I actually really liked it!  It was very entertaining and really fun.  It even had tricks which impressed me.  He isn't perfect but he tries.  His score was 24 out of 30.

Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke:
He is really enjoying the experience of all this.  His Cher song is The Beat Goes On.  This week he danced the Tango.  I just think he is so cute.  His confidence has improved so much.  He did very good.  It was proper but still fun.  His score was 27 out of 30.

Amber Riley and Derek Hough:
Her injury is still bothering her but she is not giving up.  Her Cher song is If I Could Turn Back Time.  This week she danced the Rumba.  It was AMAZING!!!  It had tons of passion and control.  I wish it never ended.  She can do no wrong.  Her score was 28 out of 30.  Since she got the highest score she is safe from elimination.

Dance Off:
Corbin vs. Elizabeth dancing Cha Cha: Corbin won!  This means he gets an extra 3 points.

Brant vs. Leah dancing Rumba: Leah won!  This means she gets an extra 3 points.

Jack vs. Bill dancing Disco: Jack won!  This means he gets an extra 3 points.

Results:
Amber, Bill, Elizabeth, Corbin, Leah, and Jack.  Brant is eliminated.  I'm so upset with this!  I thought he could win.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment