Monday, November 25, 2013

Midnight Memories Review


It's finally here!  It's the moment all One Direction fans have been waiting for!  Their third album is OFFICIALLY out right now!  It is everything I dreamed it would be.  This is by far the best yet!  It is a much more mature sound which I love.  I'm 24 so I'm glad they are targeting my age group.  Young fans might not enjoy it because it's more rock than pop.  It really fits them though.  Also they sound AMAZING!  All the boys are singing pretty equally now too.  Since they wrote most of the songs, they seem personal and more meaningful.  I really hope they tour near me so I can see these songs live.  I can't stop listening!  I got the deluxe version which includes 4 extra songs.  To know my thoughts on each song keep reading.  Tell me your favorite songs in the comments.

Tracks:
1. Best Song Ever:
This was the perfect first single.  It really sets the tone for the album.  It shows a little bit of the new mature sound but still pop.  It's very catchy too.  It's a song that will never get tired of.  Favorite lyric: You know, I know, you know I'll remember you, And I know, you know, I know you'll remember me

2. Story of My Life:
I'm so glad this is the current single.  It shows the more personal side of them especially in the video.  To me it's about reflecting on your life.  Life goes by so fast and it's nice to look back.  There are moments we all wish we could freeze and go back to.  Favorite lyric: And I'll be waiting for this time to come around But baby running after you is like chasing the clouds

3. Diana:
This song is totally for the fans.  It's all about how they have saved our lives.  They also know that we have changed their lives as well.  You can always tell that they love us all and this song just proves it.  Favorite lyric: I wanna reach out for ya, I wanna break these walls, I speak a different language but I still hear you call

4. Midnight Memories:
This is the anthem of the album.  I just turn it up and scream out the lyrics.  This was written with the stadium tour in mind for sure.  It's just all about being young and making memories.  Favorite lyric: I don't know where I'm going but I'm finding my way Same old shh but a different day

5. You and I:
This song is a love song.  It's all about staying together and not worrying what other's do or say.  No couple is the same.  Favorite lyric: Did they ever hold each other tight Like us did they ever fight, like us

6. Don’t Forget Where You Belong:
This is one of my favorites.  It's about them being on the road all the time but still being themselves.  Fame isn't changing them.  I think it's also an important for the fans to not change who they are.  Favorite lyric: On the horizon Oh I know I know I know I know the moon will be rising back home

7. Strong:
This song is about their relationships.  It's about not being afraid to be in love.  Love can be scary but it's okay to need each other.  Also Zayn sounds amazing on this song.  Favorite lyric: My heart Your heart
Sit tight like book ends Pages between us Written with no end


8. Happily:
This song just makes me feel happy.  It reminds me a lot of Mumford and Sons.  It's also very catchy and is always in my head.  Favorite lyric: It's four A.M. and I know that you're with him I wonder if he knows that I touched your skin

9. Right Now:
I really love this song.  It's about wishing that somebody special was always with you.  Since they travel a lot they miss their girlfriends.  They wish they could experience everything together.  Favorite lyric: I love this feeling that right now I wish you were here with me Cause right now Everything is new to me.

10. Little Black Dress:
I'm not a huge fan of this song.  It's just very repetitive.  It is more mature which I like.  I'm sure it will grow on me eventually.  I think I'd like it live better.  Favorite lyric: I wanna see the way you move for me baby I wanna see the way you move for me

11. Through the Dark:
This song really shows how good they all sound.  I love the message of finding love again when you think it will never happen.  With time you can get through anything.  Favorite lyric: You tell me that you heard it's all in vain But I can see your heart can love again And I remember you laughing So let's just laugh again

12. Something Great:
I really like this song.  It's the perfect ballad because it's slow still upbeat.  It's just a great song.  Also Louis' solo is perfection.  Favorite lyric: You're all I want So much it's hurting

13. Little White Lies:

This is another song I turn up super loud and yell the lyrics.  It is definitely a mature subject and I like it.  I'm sure no girls would ever turn them down.  Favorite lyric: You say you're a good girl But I know you would girl Cause you've been telling me all night With your little white lies, little white lies

14. Better Than Words:
This is one of my most played songs on the album.  It's just such a cute song.  It's about not being able to describe love in words.  Niall's solo is the best though.  Favorite lyric: Best I ever had Hips don't lie You make me wanna.. One more night

15. Why Don’t We Go There:
This song is very fun and catchy.  It reminds me of young love and just letting everything go and enjoying it.  Don't just be serious all the time.  Favorite lyric: I know you want, know you wanna take it slow Think about all the places we could go If you give in tonight

16. Does He Know?:
The beat of  this song reminds me of the 80's song Jessie's Girl.  I really like it though.  It's just really fun and makes you wanna dance.  Favorite lyric: Your secret tattoo, the way you change moods The songs that you sing when you're all alone Your favorite band, and the way that you dance

17. Alive:
This song is very rock and roll.  I love how mature this album is.  This song is about just living life.  Don't worry what others might think.  Favorite lyric: We got to live before we get older Do what we like We got nothing to lose Shake off the weight of the world from your shoulders

18. Half A Heart:
This is by far my favorite song from the album.  It's the perfect song to describe what a break up feels like.  I'm obsessed!  I've had it on repeat all night.  Favorite lyric: And being here without you is like I'm waking up to Only half a blue sky Kinda there but not quite I'm walking around with just one shoe I'm half a heart without you





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment