Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lärabar Review!


Hey everybody!  Today I have a review for you all!  Lärabar sent me four different bars to try and share my thoughts.  I've always wanted to try them so I'm excited!  First I'll tell you about the company.  Each bar only contains 9 ingredients or less.  There are many flavors available to fit anybody's taste.  It is a fruit and nut bar so if you have any nut allergies be careful.  They are non-gmo, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, kosher, and soy free.  These are much healthier than eating a candy bar.  Make sure you follow all of Lärabar's social media sites FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.  You can also sign up to their free eNewsletter if you want.  Now lets get to the review!


The first bar I tried was Peanut Butter Cookie.  It was the perfect midnight snack!  There are only three ingredients with are peanuts, dates, and sea salt.  It really did taste like a cookie!  I was very impressed.  I really love peanut butter so I wish it had just a little bit more of a stronger presence.  This bar is only 220 calories and 7 grams of protein.  It's much healthier than grabbing an actual cookie!

Bananas are my favorite fruit so I chose to try the Banana Bread bar.  I took my nieces to the park and threw this in my bag in case I got hungry.  Eventually I did so I'm glad I brought it.  It had a strong banana flavor which I loved.  The ingredients are almonds, dates, and unsweetened bananas.  It is a bit tart because the bananas aren't sweet but still really good.  This bar is 230 calories and 6 grams of protein.  It also 12% of the recommended the daily value of potassium.  Try it out!

Apple pie is one of my favorite deserts but I mostly only get it in the fall.  So I was really excited to see they had an apple pie bar.  I actually split this with my grandpa because he is always looking for healthier options.  We loved it!!  It tastes exactly like my grandmas apple pie.  I will be buying more of these for sure!  The ingredients are dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon.  You could really taste the cinnamon which is my favorite.  This bar is 190 calories and 4 grams of protein.  It's so good!

Who doesn't love cookie dough?  That's why I chose to try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar.  I ate this on the way to an appointment since it was in between breakfast and lunch.  I LOVED the chocolate but it didn't taste like cookie dough.  It did taste like a chocolate chip cookie though.  The ingredients are cashews, dates, chocolate chips, and sea salt.  This bar is 210 calories and 4 grams of protein.

Overall I really loved these bars.  You can take them anywhere and they are a perfect portion to fill you up.  I've been telling everybody about them!  I will be trying out other flavors for sure.  Let if you try them!


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment