Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer Series 2014: Breakfast Banana Quinoa Bars

Welcome back!  Sorry this wasn't up on Saturday but the holiday took over my weekend.  Today I'm sharing a recipe that's perfect for Summer.  They are SUPER healthy but they taste really good.  You could make them for a party, as a snack, or even for breakfast.  You can alter the recipe however you see fit based on your taste. Usually the top is coated in chocolate but I was out.  My friend actually made these and I knew I must share them with all of you.  Tweet me pictures if you try it @jerica_89.  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
½ c whole wheat flour (or chickpea flour to make gluten free)
1 c cooked quinoa
1 c oats
½ c pecans, chopped
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp chia seeds
⅓ c almond butter
¼ c maple syrup
1 egg
2 mashed bananas
½ tsp vanilla

Directions:
Combine bananas, vanilla, egg, almond butter and maple syrup in a small bowl and mix well.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.

Spoon into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.

Let cool and cut into 6 bars.

Store in the refrigerator.





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment