Monday, September 15, 2014

DWTS Season 19: New Cast New Season


It's opening night!  I am SO glad the show is back!  Of course I'll be recapping every episode.  This season a fourth judge is appearing and it's Julianne Hough!  I'm excited for this because I love her but she is a pretty tough judge.  There is also lots of new pros which should be exciting as well.  I'm hoping they have lots of twists this season but I'm sure we'll find out.  It's a 2 night premiere where somebody will be eliminated.  Make sure you vote to save your favorites!  So make sure to check back tomorrow!


ANTONIO SABATO JR. AND CHERYL BURKE:
He is a soap opera star and underwear model.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I thought he did pretty good for the first show.  It was a bit stiff but at least he is nice to look at.  He had great chemistry with his partner as well.  His score was 25 of 40.

LEA THOMPSON AND ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV:
She is an actress best known for her roles in Back To The Future and Switched At Birth.  She got one of this seasons new pros.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  She did very well.  I'm not sure how fair it is because she has ballet experience.  I also really like her partner.  Her score was 32 of 40.

JANEL PARRISH AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She is an actress best known for her role as Mona on Pretty Little Liars.  I'm totally a huge PLL fan!  This week she danced the Jive.  You guys know this is my favorite dance style.  I thought she did great but I wanted a more traditional Jive moves.  Maybe it was the music that threw me off.  I did like her energy and she is definitely a contender.  Her score was 29 of 40.

LOLO JONES AND KEO MOTSEPE:
She is an Olympian,  She also got a new pro this season.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  It was a mess!  It was stiff and there was a fake smile.  She just looked SO uncomfortable!  Plus she messed it up.  Her score was 22 of 40.

BETSEY JOHNSON AND TONY DOVOLANI:
She is a fashion designer.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I actually really like her but it took a wrong turn.  Her prop messed up the whole dance!  Until that she did really good.  She is highly energetic which is good.  I liked how she resorted to her cartwheel split signature move.  Her score was 20 of 40.

TAVIS SMILEY AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He is a talk show host.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I was very surprised by him!  He seems so serious but that didn't show at all!  It was natural and fun.  He still needs some technical work but I think he'll go far.  His score was 29 of 40.

SADIE ROBERTSON AND MARK BALLAS:
She is the daughter of Willie on Duck Dynasty.  I have to admit I am a fan of the show.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I honestly loved her!  She was fun and it blew me away!  I can't believe she has never danced before.  I'm obsessed already!  Her score was 34 of 40.

MICHAEL WALTRIP AND EMMA SLATER:
He is a race car driver.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  He needs a lot of work.  He did have the personality though.  He needed more steps and more energy.  I think he could do well if he continues working on it.  His score was 25 of 40.

JONATHAN BENNETT AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He is an actor best known for his role in Mean Girls.  That movie is pretty much my life.  He also has one of the new pros this season.  This week he danced the Jive.  He is by far my favorite male celebrity dancer.  It was AMAZING!  This is the Jive I was waiting for and he delivered.  He has set the bar pretty high.  His score was 30 of 40.

TOMMY CHONG AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He is Chong from the comedy duo Cheech and Chong.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  He was pure entertainment!  He was breaking it down!  Also choosing Snoop Dogg as the song choice was perfect!  I'm honestly sad its over.  I smiled the whole dance.  His score was 27 of 40.

RANDY COUTURE AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
He is a UFC fighter.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  He looks really rough and mean but I think he could be a true romantic.  He definitely needs some fine tuning.  He was another surprise that I wasn't expecting.  The girls all adore him.  I wouldn't go that far yet.  His score was 31 of 40.

BETHANY MOTA AND DEREK HOUGH:
She is a YouTube sensation.  I am Team Mota all the way!  I watch all her videos.  This week she danced the Jive.  She KILLED it!  It totally fit her personality.  It was bubbly and fun!  I liked that it was traditional but also modern.  I'm extremely glad Derek is her partner because he can make anybody great.  I loved it!  Her score was 32 of 40.

ALFONSO RIBEIRO AND WITNEY CARSON:
He is an actor best known for his role as Carlton on The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.  This week he danced the Jive.  OMG I LOVE HIM!  He totally KILLED IT!  I have to say it was the best of the night!  I want more!  He is the one to beat!  His score was 36 of 40.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment