Monday, September 29, 2014

DWTS Season 19: Welcome To The Movies!


It's week 3!  There is no result show this week.  Somebody will go home tonight though.  Tonight's theme is the movies.  The celebrities will be dancing to famous movies.  It could get interesting!  There is also a guest judge and it is Kevin Hart.  I don't see him as a judge so we'll see.  The show started with a group intro which I loved.  Vote for your favorite dancer!  Come back next Monday for more!


RANDY COUTURE AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
His movie is Rocky III.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  It was not good.  The passion was definitely there.  He was behind the entire dance.  He also just looked sloppy.  It was very hard to watch.  I want to root for him but sadly he may not last.  His score was 26 of 40.

ALFONSO RIBEIRO AND WITNEY CARSON:
His movie is Austin Powers Goldmember.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I just love him!  I loved his form and so smooth.  It was classic but not too classic.  It was different then he has done so far so I was glad to see that.  His score was 32 of 40.

BETSEY JOHNSON AND TONY DOVOLANI:
Her movie is Ghost.  This week she danced Contemporary.  I get more and more impressed each dance.  I'm SO glad she is improving.  Do I think she'll win?  No but I don't wanna see her go just yet.  I wasn't her best but still good.  Her score was 29 of 40.

LEA THOMPSON AND ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV:
Her movie is Back To The Future of course.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I really liked it!  I thought it needed a little more Cha Cha content.  There were a few mistakes but barely noticeable.  She is very versatile which is great for this show.  She enjoys everything.  Her score was 31 of 40.

MICHAEL WALTRIP AND EMMA SLATER:
His movie is Robin Hood.  This week he danced the Waltz.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was a HUGE improvement!  I really thought it would be disaster but I couldn't look away.  It drew me in.  He still needs work but he did great.  His score was 28 of 40.

ANTONIO SABATO JR. AND CHERYL BURKE:
His movie is Guardian Of The Galaxy.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  It was pretty good.  I'm not a huge fan of him but he does try.  It was stiff and not very natural.  He did have fun and enjoyed the dance though.  He just needs work.  His score was 29 of 40.

SADIE ROBERTSON AND MARK BALLAS:
Her movie is Up.  This week she danced the Viennese Waltz.  This was SO beautiful.  She looked and did flawless.  She just has this amazing charm.  It is a very proper dance but they made it look fun.  I wasn't bored at all.  Her score was 32 of 40.

JONATHAN BENNETT AND ALLISON HOLKER:
His movie is The Great Gatsby.  I'm surprised he didn't do Mean Girls.  This week he danced the Tango.  It was a lot better than last week.  It was still a bit choppy and his frame needed work.  The song wasn't  traditional but they made it work.  I'm glad he is back.  His score was 32 of 40.

JANEL PARRISH AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her movie is West Side Story.  This week she danced Jazz.  She wasn't allowed to use anything to make it look like the film.  For me it hurt the whole vibe.  It was very well done though.  I felt like it was like watching a Broadway show.  I was glad she finally stepped up.  Her score was 40 of 40.

TOMMY CHONG AND PETA MURGATROYD:
His movie is The Scent Of A Woman.  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  You guys know I love watching him.  This is one of my favorite styles as well.  It was actually really good!  He can actually dance!  I didn't want it to end.  Even with the age difference I still felt the passion.  His score was 34 of 40.

BETHANY MOTA AND DEREK HOUGH:
Her movie is Singing In The Rain.  This week she danced Jazz.  I LOVED it!  This is such an iconic number and it definitely lived up to it.  It was totally on point!  She didn't mess up AT ALL.  Plus she had props that could have ended badly.  It was PERFECTION!  Her score was 40 of 40.

Results:
Bethany, Janel, Sadie, Tommy, Alfonso, Michael, Lea, and Betsey are safe.  Jonathan, Randy, and Antonio are in danger.  Randy has been eliminated.  This means Jonathan and Antonio will be back next week.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment