Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My September Playlist!


Can you believe it is time for this post already? It is time for my September playlist! This month has went by SO fast! I can't believe that fall is already here. It has already gotten a lot colder. What is like where you are? If you want to check out last month's playlist click here.  I have still been loving most of those songs. This month has a lot of variety. What songs have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments!

1. Anaconda by Nicki Minaj
I am starting this playlist of with a bang literally. I rarely listen to rap music nor do I even like Nicki Minaj. I wasn't even going to listen to this song either. When I was watching the VMA's I saw this performance and I became ADDICTED! I couldn't stop playing it! I think it is because I like the song it samples which is Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot. The video can be a lot to handle, so only watch it if you are comfortable. Definitely check out the song though! Favorite lyric: My Anaconda don't...
My Anaconda don't... My Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun

2. Unkiss Me by Maroon 5
I have been obsessed with the new Maroon 5 album.  I listen to it at least once a day.  I like that they took it back to their old sound.  When I heard this song I knew right away that it was my favorite. It is slower then I would typically listen to but it is also upbeat. It is a perfect heartbreak song.  I just can't get enough.  Favorite lyric: I lied to my heart 'cause I thought you felt it You can't light a fire, if the candle's melted No, you don't have to love me if you don't wanna Don't act like I mean nothing But if you're gonna, well, then you better Unkiss me, Untouch me Untake this heart And I'm missing Just one thing A brand new start

3. Lost Stars by Adam Levine
You are probably wondering isn't Adam Levine in Maroon 5?  He is but this song is from a film he did called Begin Again.  Now I haven't actually seen it yet but I love this song.  The meaning is great as well.  Plus I could just listen to his voice all day. *sigh* Favorite lyric: And I thought I saw you out there crying And I thought I heard you call my name And I thought I heard you out there crying
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark? Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

4. I'm Ready by AJR
I've actually been listening to this song for awhile but I keep forgetting about it.  Now I hear it on my iPod frequently so it made the list!  It's SUPER catchy and I really like how different it sounds.  It's poppy but slightly old school.  There is nothing like it out right now.  They are all brothers but much better than the Jonas Brothers.  Favorite lyric: You're feeling good, you're feeling right Across the floor, and I'm already losing my mind Baby girl, looking fine Watch you playing and playing and playing these guys Catch my stare, little smile

5. Fireproof by One Direction
1D pulled a Beyonce this month sorta.  The announced a brand new album and had a few download of this song for 24 hours only.  Of course I downloaded it and it broke records!  Over 1 million people downloaded it in 24 hours.  It is a much more mature sound and personally I love it.  It sounds AMAZING!  I can't wait for more!  Favorite lyric: 'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe you are fireproof 'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do

6. Don't Tell 'Em by Jeremih
It took me FOREVER to find out who sang this song.  It sounds like so many other artists.  Every time I hear it I love it even more.  I'm pretty sure it samples a 90's song as well.  Maybe that is a new trend?  I find this song to be just fun.  I wish it was out during the Summer though.  Favorite lyric: Rhythm is a dancer, I need a companion Girl, I guess that must be you Body like the summer, touching like no other Don't you tell 'em what we do

7. Jealous by Nick Jonas
You guys I have a confession.  I am slightly obsessed with Nick Jonas.  I just can't help it!  His songs are just SO good plus he looks amazing!  I will by his album for sure.  This song is constantly playing in my head.  I just love him!  Favorite lyric: I don’t like the way he’s looking at you I’m starting to think you want him too Am I crazy, have I lost ya? Even though I know you love me, can’t help it

8. Trumpets by Jason DeRulo
I am a huge fan of Jason DeRulo!  His songs are all just so catchy!  This song is no different!  I really love the beat.  It's a completely different sound for him and it totally works.  I've probably played it a hundred times.  I'm super sad he and Jordin Sparks split up though.  Favorite lyric: Every time that you get undressed I hear symphonies in my head I wrote this song just looking at you oh, oh Yeah the drums they swing low And the trumpets they go

9. Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony
You all know I love girl power and this song represents it PERFECTLY.  Girls need messages like this especially in today's society.  We should not be treated any differently.  Stand up and be yourself!  There is nothing to be ashamed or scared of.  Favorite lyric: C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T That's me, I'm confident Don't want yo compliments Use common sense I'm on my Michelle Obama... Shhhh... Shut your mouth Boy I think you know who run this house I ain't thirsty for no bae... 'Cause I already know watchu tryna say

10. Don't by Ed Sheeran
What is not to love about this man?  I found myself humming this song all month.  I just love the beat and lyrics.  He is just a genius!  This is also a good break up song.  The only thing I don't like is the video because he isn't in it.  Favorite lyric: I went away for months until our paths crossed again She told me I was never looking for a friend Maybe you could swing by my room around 10 Baby bring a lemon and a bottle of gin We'll be in between the sheets 'til the late AM Baby if you wanted me then you should've just said



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment