Sunday, August 31, 2014

My August Playlist!


It's the end of August!!!!!!!!  I can't believe it is another month already over!  School has started which has been very stressful.  Don't worry I will still be updating my blog regularly.  This month was SUPER busy so I'm kinda happy it is over.  If you want to check out last month's playlist click here.  I did a list of 25 songs from my childhood since it was my birthday month.  This month's playlist is sort of random but I've honestly been obsessed!  What are you guys listening to?  Let me know!  Enjoy!!!!!!

1. Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelson
I heard about this song awhile back from a friend.  She knew it would be a song I loved but I forgot to look it up.  I actually heard it on a TV show and immediately downloaded it.  I like how it is indie but still pop.  My younger sister and I play it all the time.  I just think its such a cute song.  Favorite lyric: All the broken hearts in the world still beat Let's not make it harder than it has to be Ohh, it's all the same thing Girls chase boys chase girls

2. We Are Done by The Madden Brothers
I have been a HUGE Good Charlotte fan since the very beginning.  I have no clue why they aren't a band but I'm glad they did.  What attracted me to this song was the beat.  It reminded me of a 50's or 60's song which I LOVE.  When I found out who it was I was shocked.  It is SO different from anything they have ever done.  It's so good!  Favorite lyric: Done with being a silent many Every voice rings out and carries No we won’t just go back Home without you hearing The sound when the many say We are done

3. Chains by Nick Jonas
First off, can we talk about how HOT Nick Jonas is?  I wasn't a fan of the Jonas Brothers so I wasn't sure if I'd like his music.  I really like it though!  Being solo is a good thing for his career for sure.  His sound is much more mature and I'd buy his album definitely.  I want more!  Favorite lyric: Alone in the night ‘til she knocks on my door Oh no, wasted again but I can’t say no (no) Baby tell me why, why you do, do me wrong Baby tell me why, why you do, do me wrong Gave you my heart but you took my soul

4. Black Widow by Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora
I can't get enough of Iggy!  She is pretty much my favorite rapper right now.  You guys know I'm a big fan of girl power and this is the best girl power song right now.  If you don't know, black widow spiders kill their mates.  I just love the analogy of that.  It's just good to know girl power still exists.  Favorite lyric: I'm gonna love ya Until you hate me And I'm gonna show ya What's really crazy You should've known better Than to mess with me, honey I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna love ya Gonna love ya, gonna love ya Like a black widow, baby

5. Amnesia by 5 Seconds Of Summer
You guys know they are my current boyband obsession.  I talk about them all the time.  This was by far my most played song this month.  It's SO weird because I'm not a fan of slow songs at all.  For some reason I just can't get enough.  I play it multiple times a day.  Favorite lyric: I remember the day you told me you were leaving I remember the make-up running down your face And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them Like every single wish we ever made I wish that I could wake up with amnesia And forget about the stupid little things Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you And the memories I never can escape 'Cause I'm not fine at all

6. Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj
Why didn't this song come out at the beginning of summer?  This would have been my go to song!  This is just a great song.  It's really fun too!  Nobody really knows all the words but who cares.  You should check out the group dance for this song on So You Think You Can Dance.  It is AMAZING!  Favorite lyric: She might've let you hold her hand in school, but I'mma show you how to graduate No, I don't need to hear you talk the talk, just come and show me what your momma gave (Oh yeah) (You got a very big shhhh, mouth but don't say a thing) See anybody could be good to you, You need a bad girl to blow your mind

7. Boom Clap by Charli XCX
I've actually liked this song for awhile but this month I found it constantly in my head.  I would find myself humming it no matter what I was doing.  It is just very catchy!  The video makes me want to watch TFIOS over and over again.  I haven't checked out her other songs so I can't compare.  Favorite lyric: No silver or no gold Could dress me up so good You're the glitter in the darkness of my world Just tell me what to do I'll fall right into you Going under cast a spell just say the word I feel your love

8. Shower by Becky G
This is another song I found myself singing all the time.  I barely ever listened to it but somehow it stayed in my head.  It was the perfect summer song.  It was upbeat and very catchy.  I really like that it is slightly rap but still pop.  I've only heard her do collaborations so I'm glad she did her own song.  Favorite lyric: You light me up inside Like the 4th of July Whenever you're around I always seem to smile And people ask me how Well you're the reason why I'm dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower

9. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
Taylor is back!!!  She announced a new album coming out in October which I can't wait for.  She also dropped this single and video!  Both are just pure PERFECTION!  She is going strictly pop now and I think that is a good move.  I love the meaning of this song because we all need to shake off the negative in our lives whatever it may be.  Favorite lyric: 'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake I shake it off, I shake it off Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake I shake it off, I shake it off

10. One More Night by Nick & Knight
You guys know I love boybands so whoever came up with this duo is genius.  It is Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys and Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block.  All I can say is I'm obsessed!  I can't wait for the album.  This song is a perfect mixture of their sounds.  Favorite lyric: Do You Remember laying on the floor So drunk you felt we never laughed like that before Or the time we broke up when you were having doubts We tried to talk it out but started making out


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment