Friday, August 29, 2014

Challenge Friday: Throwback Time

Challenge Friday is back!  So I decided to do these every other week.  On the other week I want to do an advice post.  Submit questions to my email jerica.berner@aol.com and I'll give my best advice.  You can answer these questions too!  Enjoy!!!!


1. What year were you born? Post a throwback/flashback picture
I was born on July 15 1989.  This picture is of me when I was 2.  It was my favorite picture of me.  I'm not really sure why but I think I look cute.  PS I was totally rocking my Barney shoes here.

2. What was the biggest dance craze back in your day?
The biggest dance craze was probably the Macarena.  It was EVERYWHERE!  We didn't know any of the words but we all knew the moves.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes?
I still own a lot of my VHS tapes.  We kept all of our Disney movies but I also kept my Mary Kate and Ashley movies.  I was obsessed with their films.

4. List 5 your favorite past childhood TV show.
Barney
Full House
Rugrats
Cat Dog
Lizzie McGuire

5. What did you want to be when you grow up? Are you the person you’ve wanted to be?
I always wanted to be a spy.  I was in love with that idea.  Sadly I'm not a spy right now but maybe someday.

6. What were your favorite toys to play with?
I was totally into Polly Pockets.  I would play with them for hours!  I'm pretty sure I owned every one.  I still have them to be honest.  Giving them is just too hard because there is SO my memories.

7. What do you wish were still around today? (Food brand, gadgets, etc)
I wish everything from the 90's would come back.  I wish the cartoons would come back so I could share them with my nieces.  Today's cartoons are just too weird.

8. What was the one song you loved listening growing up?
This is embarrassing!  For some reason I was obsessed with Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus.  I had a cassette that I played in my pink boom box over and over.  It drove my mom crazy!

9. Are there any special things you’ve kept from when you were a child?
All I've kept are my Polly Pockets and VHS tapes.  I wish I kept more though.

10. Your thoughts about today’s generation versus your generation.
Today's generation relies too much on technology.  Go outside!  Enjoy the little things and step away from the iPads.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment