Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cooking Corner: Non Sloppy Sloppy Joes

One of my favorite meals has always been sloppy joes.  They are just a classic dish but they are very messy.  My mom found a recipe that I like to call Non Sloppy Sloppy Joes.  I'm obsessed with them!  I have two small nieces and these are perfect for kids.  I figured I'd share since the Super Bowl is coming up.  These would be perfect for any party though.  If you make these send me a picture on Twitter.  Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
1 can (15 oz) sloppy joe sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375° F. In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in sauce and chili powder; simmer 5 minutes.

Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and about 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.






xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment