Sunday, January 31, 2016

My January Playlist!


We have survived the first month of 2016!!!!  I'm not gonna lie it was pretty tough.  I've been sick basically all month long.  Hopefully I'm moving on from that!  Since I was sick I discovered a lot of new music.  Don't worry, I did include a throwback as well.  Most of the songs are by females which is unusual for me but you guys know I love girl power.  If you missed last month's playlist then go check it out here.  What have you been listening to?



1. WTF by Missy Elliott feat. Pharrell
I'm SO glad Missy is back!  I've been a fan for forever.  This song is super catchy and I just can't get enough!  I have liked it for a while but I forgot about it until recently.  If you haven't heard her older music then go do it!  You won't regret it!!!  Favorite lyric: The dance that you doing is dumb How they do where you from Stickin' out your tongue girl But you know you're too young

2. Stand By You by Rachel Platten
I am obsessed with her!  I just love every single song she does.  It's just so uplifting and I love that because it makes her unique.  This song is just so beautiful and I play it at least once a day.  I really need to buy her album.  Favorite lyric: Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you

3. Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift
I am SO glad that this is her newest single!!!  I've been obsessed with this song since the album came out.  It was my favorite that she performed on tour as well.  Also can we talk about the music video????  It's one of the best that she has ever done.  She is just the best person EVER!  I love everything she does.  Favorite lyric: Remember when you hit the brakes too soon? Twenty stitches in the hospital room When you started cryin', baby, I did, too But when the sun came up, I was lookin' at you Remember when we couldn't take the heat I walked out and said, "I'm settin' you free," But the monsters turned out to be just trees And when the sun came up, you were lookin' at me

4. Something In The Way You Move by Ellie Goulding
I've finally accepted that I'm an Ellie Goulding fan.  Every song she puts out I immediately love it.  Sometimes I don't even realize it's her.  This song makes me feel excited for Summer.  It's very upbeat and slightly techno which I love.  It's the perfect song to play in the morning especially for me.  I am not a morning person AT ALL!  Favorite lyric: But tonight I'm gonna lose it all Playing with fire, I was the first to fall Heart is sinking like a cannonball Baby kill it, what're you waiting for?
Something in the way you move Something in the way you do it

5. Irresistible by Fall Out Boy feat. Demi Lovato
This is the first newest song that I've liked by them.  I constantly have this song in my head!  It sounds like their older stuff which I've always loved.  I'm always singing this.  The video is great too.  I has NSYNC members plus the same concept as It's Gonna Be Me.  I'm amused by that.  It's very clever!  Favorite lyric: You're second hand smoke, second hand smoke I breathe you in, but, honey, I don't know what you're doing to me Mon chéri, but the truth catches up with us eventually Try to say live, live and let live But I'm no good, good at lip service Except when they're yours, mi amor I'm coming for you and I'm making war

6. Why Try by Ariana Grande
I was listening to my iPod and rediscovered this album.  I'm glad I did because I forgot how amazing it is.  I've had this song on repeat pretty much the entire month!  It's just such a good song!  I love her voice and I'm excited to see what her next album will be like.  Favorite lyric: You and I redefine being love sick, love sick, love sick Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip Oh yeah Even when you're yelling at me I still think you're beautiful Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip

7. Zero by Chris Brown
This was a 3 AM discovery when I couldn't sleep.  At first I wasn't a fan but it grew on me.  It has a 80's vibe which a lot of artists are doing right now.  I really like it but I've always loved retro stuff.  I've always been a fan of his so I'm glad he has new music out.  I haven't listened to his album yet but I've heard good things.  Favorite lyric: Ask how many nights I've been thinking of you, zero, zero Gave a hundred percent but all I got from you, zero, zero I thought you were the one, then you turned around Found somebody better, like I never met ya Ask how many nights I've been thinking of you, zero, zero

8. The Fix by Nelly feat. Jeremih
I've been a Nelly fan for years!  Fun fact he was my first concert when I was 13.  My friend told me about this song a few months ago but I forgot about it.  Recently I've been hearing it on the radio and I love it.  He hasn't had a song out in awhile so maybe he'll make an album soon.  I'm hoping for it!  Favorite lyric: When you need that fix, yeah, that medicine I know you like it like this When you get that itch, adrenaline Heart beatin' outta your chest

9. All I Ask by Adele
I finally caved you guys.  I bought the Adele album after I said I wouldn't.  It actually really good!  I couldn't find this song anywhere but it's my favorite.  It's such a beautiful song and she sounds amazing!  I'm so glad I got it!  Favorite lyric: Look, don't get me wrong I know there is no tomorrow
All I ask is If this is my last night with you Hold me like I'm more than just a friend Give me a memory I can use Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do It matters how this ends Cause what if I never love again?


10. Too Much by Spice Girls
I am a HUGE Spice Girls fan!  I heard Mel C aka Sporty do an acoustic version of this song and now I keep humming it.  This year is their 20th anniversary which makes me feel VERY old.  I'm really hoping for a tour though!  Hopefully with Backstreet Boys so all my childhood dreams come true.  Favorite lyric: Too Much of Something is bad enough, But something's coming over me to make me wonder Too Much of nothing is just as tough I need to know the way to feel to keep me satisfied.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment