Monday, May 12, 2014

DWTS Season 18: American Icons


It's the semifinals!  I can't believe finals are NEXT week!  This week is all about honoring American Icons.  The celebrities will be dancing two full dances.  This week the guest judge is Kenny Ortega.  He has choreographed movies such as High School Musical and Footloose.  I'm a big fan.  Tonight somebody will be eliminated.  The show started with a group dance which I loved.  Tonight was also the final Macy's Stars of Dance of the season.  It was choreographed by Derek Hough and honored a bunch of movies.  I LOVED it!  It was the best yet!


CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND MARK BALLAS:
She finally let her guard down and had fun.  This week her first dance was the Viennese Waltz.  I really enjoyed it.  There were some mistakes which showed on her face.  She allowed her partner to get her through.  She never gives up.  Her score was 34 of 40.  Her second dance this week was Jazz.  I loved it.  It was so simple but very intricate and precise.  I was NOT expecting that from her.  I was very impressed!  Her score was 38 of 40.  Her total for the night is 72.

CHARLIE WHITE AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He finally got a perfect score last week.  This week his first dance was the Foxtrot.  I actually liked it.  It was fun but still elegant.  It also was modern which I really liked.  I love when older dances become modern.  His score was 40 of 40.  His second dance this week was the Samba.  I was surprised by how good it was.  I wanted more funk especially for the song.  It was fun though.  His personality always shows through.  His score was 36 of 40.  His total for the night is 76.

AMY PURDY AND DEREK HOUGH:
She is still discovering new ways to improve her dancing.  This week her first dance was the Quickstep.  It was FLAWLESS.  I actually teared up.  It was light and bouncy and just a lot of fun.  Every time she dances I am inspired.  Her score was 39 of 40.  Her second dance this week was Jazz.  It was AMAZING!  It was classic!  She can do no wrong.  There was a slight mistake but still perfection.  Her score was 39 of 40.  Her total for the night is 78.

JAMES MASLOW AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He keeps growing every week and surviving eliminations.  This week his first dance was the Cha Cha.  You guys know I love him but I didn't love this dance.  I felt like he was trying to be Michael Jackson and not himself.  I hate when celebrities do that.  It was still a good dance though.  His score was 40 of 40.  His second dance this week was the Rumba.  It was sexy!  The connection was totally there.  He needed to show more emotion though.  He had a few small mistakes but those can be fixed.  His score was 36 of 40.  His total for the night is 76.

MERYL DAVIS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY:
She was at the bottom of the leader board for the first time.  This week her first dance was the Jive.  I thought it was good.  I expected her to be better.  Her dancing was perfect but I wanted more personality.  I just wanted more.  Her score was 40 of 40.  Her second dance this week was the Viennese Waltz.  I liked this one a lot more.  It was so sweet and romantic.  I actually wanted more!  She always gets into character and I love that.  It was beautiful.  Her score was 40 of 40.  Her total for the night was 80.

Results:
Candace, James, and Amy are in the finals!  Charlie and Meryl are in danger.  Charlie is eliminated.  I kinda surprised but I love the final 4.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment