Monday, May 5, 2014

DWTS Season 18: Abby Lee Miller Is In The House!


It week 8!  It has went SO fast!  Tonight's theme is celebrity duels.  This means the celebrity's will be directly competing against another celebrity without their partner for part of the dance.  This has never been done on the show.  Tonight's guest judge is  Abby Lee Miller!  I'm so excited because I love Dance Moms.  The girls from the show are also in the audience.  Somebody will be eliminated tonight.  The show started with Mark Ballas singing his new song Get My Name.  I love him so of course it was amazing!


CHARLIE WHITE AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He is feeling frustrated with his scores.  He needs to enjoy the experience instead.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  It definitely showed his personality.  Overall I didn't love it.  It just seemed a bit boring for me.  I've seen better dances from him.  The judges loved it though.  His score was 40 of 40.

DANICA MCKELLAR AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She really wants to make it to the finals.  This week she danced the Tango.  I was in love with this dance!  I couldn't even tell she was still injured.  The concept was just magical.  It reminded me of the Black Swan.  It had a TON of passion.  They just connect so well.  Her score was 38 of 40.

MERYL DAVIS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY:
She has a very strong connection with her partner.  This week she danced the Rumba.  Honestly it was amazing!  I kinda didn't want to end.  It was a different than a typical Rumba.  It needed a little more Rumba moves but the story was great.  She really showed emotion though.  Her score was 36 of 40.

CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND MARK BALLAS:
She it letting go of all the stress and just enjoying it.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  It was SO adorable!  The story was just so fun and happy.  Of course it wasn't perfect but it was one of her best.  Her personality is finally showing through.  I loved her confidence in this dance.  I just love her!  Her score was 36 of 40.

JAMES MASLOW AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He was almost send home and he is on the bottom of the leader board.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  I really loved this dance!  It was so beautiful, elegant, and romantic.  I loved how well it flowed.  His posture still needs some work but I could watch him all day.  His score was 36 of 40.

AMY PURDY AND DEREK HOUGH:
Last week she hurt her back but she can still continue on.  This week she danced the Argentine Tango.  I was really worried about this dance for her because it is very intricate.  She KILLED it!  It was so entrancing and I couldn't look away!  It was total and complete perfection!  She is perfect!  She inspires me.  Her score was 40 of 40.

Duels:
MERYL DAVIS AND DANICA MCKELLAR:
Meryl and Danica were paired up.  The training was very intense.  There was a little bit of fighting.  They danced the Samba.  It was just okay.  The content was there but it was off at parts.  I wanted it to be more fun!  Meryl was a lot stronger in this dance.  Their scores were 34 of 40.  This will be added to their scores from earlier.

CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND CHARLIE WHITE:
Candace and Charlie were paired up.  Everybody really worked well to create the routine.  They danced a Contemporary routine.  It was AMAZING!  They were perfect together.  They are so opposite but that's what made it great.  The lifts were flawless.  I wanted more!  Their score was 38 of 40.

JAMES MASLOW AND AMY PURDY:
Amy and James were paired up.  They needed to learn to trust each other.  She struggled because she like she was limiting James.  They danced the Jive.  This was the best duel of the night!  It was just so fun!  It was PERFECTION!  I loved them together!  I want more!  Their score was 39 of 40.

Results:
Meryl, Amy, Candace, and Charlie are all safe.  Danica and James are in danger.  Danica is eliminated.  I was kinda surprised but I think her injury really affected her scores.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment