Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My April Playlist!


Hey everybody!  April is over which means I get to share my favorite songs with you.  It also means only a week left until summer break!  I'm really excited for this months playlist.  In case you missed my March playlist click here.  If you have any songs I should check out then let me know!  Also what songs are you loving right now?

1. Heartache On The Big Screen by 5SOS
I mentioned last month that their EP was coming out this month.  It is SO good!  It only has 4 songs but I literally had it on repeat everyday.  This is my favorite besides the one on my last playlist.  I love how they have evolved into pop rock.  It takes me back to my punk rock phase in high school.  Favorite lyric: The clock is ticking, and I'm out of time The camera's rolling, and I forgot my lines My script is ripped and now I see This is heartache on the big screen

2. Party Girl by Dan + Shy
You guys this is my current obsession!  Somehow I discovered Dan + Shy and I'm hooked.  I'm not a huge country fan but trust me they are AMAZING!  Their entire album is perfection so it was hard to pick just one song.  This was the one I had stuck in my head most.  Go check out the album on iTunes, you won't regret it!  Favorite lyric: I don't need all them humming, buzzing neon signs Long as you got that come and get me look in your eyes Yeah I'ma stay right here so we can disappear We can do it up right

3. Sing by Ed Sheeran
Who is excited for the new Ed Sheeran album?  I definitely can't wait!  This his first single and if it is a hint at what the rest of the album will be then I'm pumped.  I just love everything he does.  I really wish his tour was coming here!  If you have a chance to see him live do it.  It's a magical experience.  This song just gets me excited for summer.  Sadly we have to wait until June for the rest of the album.  Favorite lyric: Let it go until our roads'll change Singing we found love in a local rave No, I don’t really know what I’m supposed to say But I can just figure it out and hope and pray

4. Me And My Broken Heart by Rixton
I usually am awake until about 3 or 4 AM because I'm a night owl.  I was watching MTV and they played this video.  I was instantly hooked!  If you haven't noticed I have a very addictive personality.  It's just a really fun and catchy song.  Who knew that having a broken heart could be so upbeat?  He is still pretty new here in America.  I haven't any other songs by him but so far I'm feeling it.  Favorite lyric:  I need a little loving tonight Hold me so I'm not falling apart A little but I'm hoping it might kick start Me and my broken heart

5. John Doe by BoB ft. Priscilla
This song has an awesome message.  I like songs that actually mean something.  It really showcases what money and fame can do to a person.  We all dream of being famous but we never think of all the consequences.  We all think we wouldn't fall into the trap but peer pressure can change that.  I wasn't going to include this song but it's a message that should be shared.  Favorite lyric: Seems like the bus moves slower Just cause you got somewhere to go So you take a few pills in Beverly Hills But if anyone asks you've got a prescription You got an addiction Who do you think that you're fooling

6. Classic by MKTO
This song is my obsession!  I play it every single day on repeat.  Plus it is always playing in my head.  It's SUPER catchy!  I also just think it is a cute song.  I like the older eras so I like how they are bringing classy back even though it's still modern.  It makes me happy when I hear it.  Favorite lyric: It's love on rewind Everything is so throwback-ish (I kinda like it, like it) Out of my league Old school chic Like a movie star From the silver screen You're one of a kind living in a world gone plastic Baby you’re so classic

7. Replay by Zendaya
I've actually loved this song for awhile but I forgot all about.  While I write papers I just put my iPod on shuffle and this song popped up.  I love the beat!  It's very catchy and kind of reminds me of the 90's.  I'm not really sure why.  I don't really like her other songs though.  This is a good song to play in the morning to get ready for the day.  Favorite lyric: I wanna put you on repeat, play you everywhere I go, e-e-everywhere I go, play you everywhere I go

8. All Of Me by John Legend
I usually hate slow songs no matter who sings them.  I'm also not a huge John Legend fan.  I REALLY love this song though!  It is so simple and beautiful.  I love that he wrote it for his wife.  Plus the lyrics are so meaningful.  I love everything about it!  Favorite lyric: How many times do I have to tell you Even when you're crying you're beautiful too The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood You're my downfall, you're my muse My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

9. You & I by One Direction
I know what you are probably thing right now.  Another One Direction song made the list?  I can't help it I just love them so much!  I'm SO upset I'm missing their tour this summer!  I've seen clips and it looks amazing!  Also for some reason I'm kinda obsessed with Harry Styles.  I'd love to him someday or meet them all!  I did a whole review of the video here.  Favorite lyric: I know how it goes I know how it goes from wrong and right Silence and sound Did they ever hold each other tight like us? Did they ever fight like us?

10. Pumpin' Blood NONONO
I have a story for this song.  About 2 months I randomly heard this song on the radio and instantly loved it.  I never heard it again and had no clue what the name of it was.  I forgot all about it until I was watching Glee and they covered it.  I'm SO glad I found it because it makes me feel happy.  You just wanna dance when it comes on.  Favorite lyric: It's the best and worst feeling like nothing can go wrong You're the decider of the world that you will get to know



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment