Monday, April 21, 2014

DWTS Season 18: It's Party Time!


Welcome to week 6!  Tonight is party anthem week.  Each couple will dance to our favorite party songs.  The guest judge this week is Redfoo from LMFAO.  I'm not sure he is a good judge of ballroom dancing but we'll see what happens.  Another celebrity will be eliminated tonight.  The show started off with an awesome group dance that was like a giant carnival.  I loved it!  Tonight the Macy's Stars of Dance is back and choreographed by Derek Hough.  It was AMAZING!  I'm very glad they are bringing this series back.


NENE LEAKES AND TONY DOVOLANI:
This week she is focusing on being a better partner.  Her party anthem song was Hot In Herre by Nelly.  This week she danced the Salsa.  I did enjoy it but I feel like she is too over the top sometimes.  It was a lot of fun but her footwork isn't the best.  Her personality was really there.  Now she just needs to work on technique.  Her score was 33 of 40.

CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND MARK BALLAS:
She needs to work on just relaxing and have fun.  Her party anthem song was I Love It by Icona Pop.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I thought she improved A LOT.  It was just so much fun.  I could tell she really worked hard.  She still gets in her head but not as often.  Her score was 32 of 40.

JAMES MASLOW AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He got the first perfect score of the season last week so he is living up to that standard.  His party anthem song is You're The One That I Want from Grease.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  It was SO amazing!  I really love him.  This is my favorite musical so I'm glad they incorporated some of the actual moves from the movie.  He is probably my current favorite.  His score was 35 of 40.

DANICA MCKELLAR AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She is actually believing she is a contender.  Her party anthem song was I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I didn't love it.  I wanted more energy and fun.  I felt like it didn't have enough Cha Cha moves.  The judges loved it though.  Her score was 36 of 40.

MERYL DAVIS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY:
She was disappointed by the scores last week.  Her party anthem song was Feel So Close by Calvin Harris.  This week she danced the Tango.  I actually really liked it.  I loved the tension and chemistry they had.  The choreography was incredible.  It was just magic.  Her score was 40 of 40.

DREW CAREY AND CHERYL BURKE:
He feels like he will be eliminated this week.  His party anthem song was Super Freak by Rick James.  This week he danced the Tango.  I didn't like it sadly.  He seemed way too focused.  I like when he just has fun.  He messed up a couple times also.  At least he is committed.  His score was 32 of 40.

CHARLIE WHITE AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He has a very busy week with his job.  His party anthem song was Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C+C Music Factory.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  This was pretty much AMAZING.  It was totally 90's which I'm obsessed with.  It was a total party.  I wish it never ended.  His score was 36 of 40.

AMY PURDY AND DEREK HOUGH:
She ready to step up and becoming a serious competitor.  Her party anthem song was Shout by The Isley Brothers.  This week she danced the Jive.  I'm OBSESSED with her!  I can't believe she has fake legs because honestly you can never tell.  Plus I love this dance style.  Her kicks were flawless.  Her score was 38 of 40.

Elimination:
Amy, Charlie, Meryl, NeNe, James, and Danica are safe.  Drew and Candace are in danger.  Drew is eliminated.  I'm kinda sad because he is so much fun.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment