Monday, April 14, 2014

Motivational Monday: To Diet Or Not?


Happy Monday!  Today's post came from a conversation my friends had all weekend.  We all know that spring is here which means everybody worries about their weight.  My friends were talking about this crazy 3 day diet.  Is this an expectation of women now?  It doesn't seem healthy at all.  I'm all for being healthy but there needs to be a point where enough is enough.  When I was younger I suffered from anorexia.  You never actually get over that thought process.  I constantly worry about my weight and how I look.  I now have just accepted myself for me.  I feel confident no matter what I wear or eat.  I just hate how body image is reflected in America.  Just be comfortable being you.  If people judge you because you aren't "perfect" then they aren't worth being in your life.  Nobody deserves to be mistreated for who they are.  My advice to girls of all ages is to just be you.  I let girls call me fat and starved myself for almost 2 years.  It's not worth it!  Love yourself!  If any of you need to talk you can email me at jerica.berner@aol.com.  I don't want anyone going through what I did alone.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment