Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mamma Chia Review!


Hey everybody!  Today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite products right now.  It is a company called Mamma Chia.  My friend actually introduced me to them.  I love it because I'm not a healthy eater at all.  Their products offer a TON of benefits.  They are also all natural.  So I contacted them and asked if I could do a review for you guys.  They mailed me some products and now I'm going to share my thoughts.  If you try any of their products let me know what you think!  You can comment below or tweet me @jerica_89.

Chia Squeeze:
One of their products are called Chia Squeeze pouches.  These are perfect for on the go because they don't need to be refrigerated.  You can one in your purse, backpack, or even your gym bag.  Each pouch contains 1200mg of Omega-3 and a good source of fiber.  Pouches range from 70-80 calories and are all gluten and vegan free.  I received 4 different pouches from the 6 they have.

The first one I tried was the Apple Cinnamon.  It was so good!  It tastes exactly like an Apple Pie in a pouch.  The consistency is a little too thick for my liking.  I have weird thing about textures.  I really loved it though.

Next I tried the Green Magic.  I was really nervous about trying this flavor.  I noticed one of the ingredients was kale which I've never had before.  When you first taste it is bitter but then it goes fruity.  It tastes like mango which is another ingredient.  I didn't love this one but it wasn't terrible.

Next up was the Strawberry Banana.  Now normally I never try any products with this flavor because I don't like strawberry.  This was a surprise though.  You can actually taste the bananas more than the strawberry.  It was my favorite.

The last one I tried was the Blackberry Bliss.  I've never had blackberries before so I was a little nervous.  It reminded me of jelly.  I would put the on my toast in the mornings if I could.  It was more watery than the others but really good.


Vitality Beverages:
Another Mamma Chia product are the Vitality Beverages.  Since these need to be refrigerated and are in glass bottles they sent me 3 coupons for free drinks.  I bought mine at Whole Foods in case you are wondering.  Each drink has 2500 mg of Omega-3, 4g of complete protein, 95 mg of calcium, fiber, and antioxidants.  They are also gluten free and vegan.  I only tried 3 of the 9 they have but I will be trying more.

The first one I tried was Raspberry Passion.  The biggest difference I noticed between the drinks and pouches was in the drink you feel the seeds more.  It still like a juice consistency though.  This flavor was very tart.  After you got over that it wasn't bad.

Next I tried the Cherry Lime flavor.  I was really excited to try this one.  I totally loved it!  I was hoping it would be more cherry tasting.  The lime is stronger though.  This one is my favorite so far.

Lastly I tried the Pomegranate Mint flavor.  I was very nervous about this one.  I love pomegranate but I wasn't sure if it would mix well with mint.  The mint was too overpowering for my taste.  It needed more of a pomegranate flavor instead.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment