Monday, April 14, 2014

DWTS Season 18: It's Disney Night!


Can you believe it is already week 5?  It seems like it is flying by this season.  Tonight is Disney Night!  This means every couple will be a character from a Disney movie.  I'm very excited!  The guest judge this week is Donny Osmond.  He won way back in season 9.  I'm not a fan of him.  Tonight somebody will be eliminated.  The show started with a big group number with a bunch of Disney songs.  It was AMAZING!

DREW CAREY AND CHERYL BURKE:
His Disney movie is Aladdin.  His song was Friend Like Me.  This week he danced Quickstep.  I thought this was great.  The song really fits him.  He portrayed the character and excitement really well.  It wasn't perfect but I just enjoy him a lot.  His score was 28 of 40.

CHARLIE WHITE AND SHARNA BURGESS:
His Disney movie is Mary Poppins.  His song was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  This week he danced Jazz.  I could never dance to that song because it is SO fast.  Plus he used props too!  It was awesome!  It was almost perfect but he dropped the prop but I don't even care.  I wanna watch again!  His score was 37 of 40.

DANICA MCKELLAR AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.  Her song was Be Our Guest.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I loved it!  She honestly looked exactly like Belle.  She has improved SO much.  There was barely any mistakes.  She is really becoming a threat to everybody.  Her score was 39 of 40.

AMY PURDY AND DEREK HOUGH:
Her Disney movie is Cinderella.  Her song was So This Is Love.  This week she danced the Waltz.  Again I totally cried.  It was so magical and beautiful.  She was a perfect princess.  I love her SO much and she just inspires me.  Derek did awesome with the choreography.  Her score was 37 of 40.

CODY SIMPSON AND WITNEY CARSON:
His Disney movie is The Lion King.  His song was I Just Can't Wait To Be King.  This week he danced the Samba.  I loved it!  He did an amazing job.  He really stepped up and focused.  It had his own flair plus actual basics.  He is one of my favorites.  His score was 34 of 40.

NENE LEAKES AND TONY DOVOLANI:
Her Disney movie was 101 Dalmatians.  Her song was Cruella de Vil.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  It wasn't her best.  I feel like it didn't really show her personality.  I wanted it a bit more classic moves.  The judges loved her though.  Personally I wanted more.  Her score was 36 of 40.

JAMES MASLOW AND PETA MURGATROYD:
His Disney movie is Frozen.  His song was Let It Go.  This week he danced Contemporary.  This was AMAZING!  I am totally obsessed with Frozen and now him!  It was just totally emotional and I'm pretty much speechless.  All I can say is perfection!  His score was 40 of 40.

MERYL DAVIS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her Disney movie is The Jungle Book.  Her song was I Wanna Be Like You.  This week she danced the Samba.  You guys know I feel about her.  I thought the dance was of course great.  I wish she had got a different Disney film so the focus was more on her.  Her score was 36 of 40.

CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND MARK BALLAS:
Her Disney movie is The Little Mermaid.  Her song was Under The Sea.  This week she danced the Samba.  This was her best yet!  She really just let go and had fun.  I really loved it.  I think she needs to stop thinking and have fun.  Her score was 35 of 40.

Results:
James, Meryl, Drew, Danica, Amy, Nene, and Charlie are safe.  Cody and Candace are in danger.  Cody is eliminated!  I am totally shocked.  I voted every week but somebody had to go.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment