Monday, March 31, 2014

My March Playlist


Hey guys!  So I've decided to try something different.  I've been doing Music Friday's on my blog for awhile now.  I saw this idea on another blog and really wanted to try it out.  Basically instead of Music Friday's, I'll post a playlist of song I've had on repeat for the month.  Music is such a massive part of my life and I feel like I can share more this way.  Don't worry I will still be posting on Friday's so stay tuned!  Tell me what you have been listening to this month.

1. Happy by Pharrell Williams
I tried SO hard to not like this song.  It is literally EVERYWHERE!  It really does make you feel happy.  It is also very catchy.  I'm not a big Pharrell fan but his music is always infectious.  I've been obsessed with the cover versions of this song.  For my favorite click here.  Favorite lyric: No offense to you, don’t waste your time Here’s why

2. Neon Lights by Demi Lovato
I actually went to her concert a few weeks ago.  I love this song because it has a techno feel to it.  I love upbeat songs and this is definitely one.  I just can't stop listening!  Favorite lyric: Baby, when they look up at the sky We'll be shooting stars just passing by You'll be coming home with me tonight We'll be burning up like neon lights

3. Chillin' With You by Britney Spears feat Jamie Lynn
This is one of my favorite songs on Britney's newest album.  This month I played it pretty much daily.  Jamie Lynn sounds awesome.  I think it's cool she did a song with her sister.  If she put out an album I'd totally buy it.  I wish it was a single.  Favorite lyric: I sang so loud that I smiled I made it worth my while I drank some white wine Now I'm walking on the sky I had the time of my life

4. She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds Of Summer
I'm IN LOVE with this song!  I saw them in concert last summer when they opened for One Direction.  They are nothing like 1D though.  They are more rock based with a little bit of pop mixed in.  You can buy this song tomorrow on iTunes and I can't wait!  Favorite lyric: If I showed up with a plane ticket And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it Would you wanna run away too? 'Cause all I really want is you

5. By The Grace Of God by Katy Perry
The entire Katy Perry album is AMAZING!  When I first heard this song, I immediately loved it.  The message is so strong.  It's just about trusting yourself and your faith.  By doing that nothing can conquer you.  Favorite lyric: Now every morning, there is no more mourning Oh, I can finally see myself again

6. That's What's Up by Lennon and Maisy Stella
This song is actually a cover.  I just love these girls!  They have incredible voices and they are so young!  I bought this right away on iTunes!  If you like it go support them and buy it.  You won't regret it.  Favorite lyric: You be the bird, I'll be the feather We'll be the best of friends forever While I was feeling such a mess I thought you'd leave me behind When I was feeling such a wreck, I thought you'd treat me unkind.

7. The Man by Aloe Blacc
I first heard this song on The Voice.  I didn't even know that Aloe Blacc was the same singer as Don't Wake Me Up.  I love his voice SO much better on his on tracks.  I find this song to be catchy and motivating.  It's just about being confident in yourself.  Favorite lyric: Stand up now and face the sun Won't hide my tail or turn and run It's time to do what must be done Be a king when kingdom comes

8. Not A Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
I'm a HUGE Justin fan!  I actually got to meet him last month and it was everything I hoped it would be.  This is my all time favorite song from his new albums.  I just love romantic it is but also real.  Love really happens that way.  Plus the music video is super adorable.  Favorite lyric: Now how about I’d be the last voice you hear tonight? And every other night for the rest of the nights that there are Every morning I just wanna see you staring back at me 'Cause I know that’s a good place to start

9. Half A Heart by One Direction
If you are a new to my blog you may not know I'm kinda obsessed with One Direction.  I haven't listened to their new album in awhile.  This song pooped up on my iTunes and I forgot how much I loved it.  It's just so cute.  I can't get enough!  Favorite lyric: And being here without you is like I'm waking up to Only half a blue sky Kinda there but not quite I'm walking around with just one shoe I'm half a heart without you I'm half a man at best, With half an arrow in my chest I miss everything we do, I'm half a heart without you

10. Take Me Home by Cash Cash
This song is just fun!  I like to listen to this in the morning because it just makes you feel pumped up.  It would be the perfect workout song.  It just makes me wanna dance!  Favorite lyric: Round in circles Here we go With the highest highs And the lowest lows But no one shakes me like you do



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment