Monday, March 17, 2014

DWTS Season 18: First Dance Of The Season


Welcome back!  If you are new to blog, I review every episode of Dancing With The Stars.  I'll share my thoughts, their scores, and anything else that happens.  Let's talk about the most obvious changes.  Erin Andrews is the new co-host!  I love her plus she has been on the show before.  There is still a live band just a different musical director.  We'll see how they do.  The skybox is also back which I'm happy about.  The show kicked with Jason DeRulo singing Talk Dirty while the pros danced.  It was AMAZING!  I love him so much!  Next week the dances are chosen by the celebrities.  Also the first celebrity will be eliminated live!


NENE LEAKES AND TONY DOVOLANI:
She is from Real Housewives of Atlanta.  She just wants to bring the fun.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  It was definitely fun!  I actually really enjoyed it.  It wasn't perfect but I also wanted it to never end.  Her score was 21 out of 30.

JAMES MASLOW AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He is from the band Big Time Rush.  He has actually dated his partner previously.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  He was better than expected plus he's cute.  The chemistry is definitely there.  I really liked it.  His score was 21 out of 30.

DANICA MCKELLAR AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She is from the TV show The Wonder Years.  She has been a fan of the show for years.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  She is a contender for sure.  She had a lot energy but it made the dance really fun.  I loved it though.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

SEAN AVERY AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
He is a former hockey player.  He tends to be very controversial.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I wasn't impressed.  It had too many lifts and he needed to show more emotions.  I wanted it to flow better than it did.  He score was 20 out of 30.

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS AND EMMA SLATER:
He is an actor.  He is determined to try no matter what.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I loved the Star Wars theme since that is his best known role.  Honestly though it wasn't good.  He was too relaxed and slow.  He needs more energy or he won't go very far.  His score was 15 out of 30.

MERYL DAVIS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY:
She is an ice dancing Olympian.  They just won Gold medal this year.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  First of all Maks is back!  I honestly don't think she should be on the show.  They are already dancers!  Of course it was flawless.  I just think it's unfair.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

CANDACE CAMERON BURE AND MARK BALLAS:
She was on the TV show Full House.  She doesn't want to be too sexy.  This week she danced Contemporary.  I LOVED it!  The whole thing was just so good.  It looked professional!  Plus the floor work was so cool.  Her score was 25 out of 30.

CODY SIMPSON AND WITNEY CARSON:
He is a pop singer from Australia.  He is a natural performer.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I am a HUGE fan of him anyway.  It was really great but he still needs work.  He needs to work on his footwork a lot but his energy was on point.  His score was 22 out of 30.

DREW CAREY AND CHERYL BURKE:
He is a comedian and game show host.  He is totally out of his comfort zone.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I was very surprised.  It was classic but still had some comedy touches.  He just made me so happy.  His score was 21 out of 30.

AMY PURDY AND DEREK HOUGH:
She is a paralympic snowboarder.  This means both of her legs are prosthetic.  She lost them due to Meningitis.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  She will be judged no differently.  I was honestly worried because Derek is my favorite pro.  I love her!  I love how she doesn't let her disability define her because neither do I.  It made me cry.  Plus Derek makes anybody look good.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

DIANA NYAD AND HENRY BYALIKOV:
She is a long distance swimmer.  She has great determination.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  It wasn't terrible.  I loved the elegance but it needed some fixing.  It needed to flow better.  With work she'll get better.  Her score was 18 out of 30.

CHARLIE WHITE AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He is an ice dancer Olympian.  His ice partner is actually Meryl who is also on the show.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I don't think it's fair he is on the show either.  I did like the chemistry.  Of course it was great because he's a dancer.  I felt it was too simple for him.  His score was 27 out of 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment