Monday, March 24, 2014

Motivational Monday: Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


Happy Monday!  Lately I've been trying to eat more healthy.  I've actually considered becoming vegan because one of my friends is and I find it interesting.  I'm just not sure I'm ready for that yet.  I eat A LOT of junk food and have a big sweet tooth.  I tend to look for recipes that are healthy but don't taste like it.  So today I'm sharing one with you!  It is a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.  I love smoothies especially now that it is getting warmer.  The awesome thing about smoothies is how quick and easy they are.  You can also have them for breakfast or just as a snack.  This contains 16g of protein and is ONLY 303 calories.  Tweet me pictures if you try it!  My Twitter is @jerica_89.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
10 ounces skim milk or plain soy milk
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 medium banana

Directions:
In a blender, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Use 6 ice cubes for a thicker consistency.

Tips:
Freezing your banana will eliminate the ice cubes.
You can also add more of the banana or peanut butter for a stronger taste.
If you want it to be chocolate flavored, add natural cocoa powder.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment