Monday, March 17, 2014

Motivational Monday: Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!


Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!!!!!!  Today also starts my Spring Break week!  Sadly I'm not going anywhere but I will be blogging everyday.  Since today is one of my favorite holidays I thought I'd do today's post differently.  I'm going to post random St. Paddy's Day facts because I love facts.  How are you celebrating?


The actual color of St. Patrick is blue. Green became associated with St. Patrick's Day during the 19th century. Green, in Irish legends, was worn by fairies and immortals, and also by people to encourage their crops to grow.

Shamrocks are worn on the lapel on this day.

Many bars in the United States, and abroad, serve green beer to celebrate St. Patty's Day.

St. Patrick’s Day is observed on March 17 because that is the feast day of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is believed that he died on March 17 in the year 461 AD. It is also a worldwide celebration of Irish culture and history. St. Patrick’s Day is a national holiday in Ireland, and a provincial holiday in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

The very first St. Patrick's Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.

34 million Americans have Irish ancestry, according to the 2003 US Census. That’s almost nine times the population of Ireland, which has 4.1 million people.

One estimate suggests that there are about 10,000 regular three-leaf clovers for every lucky four-leaf clover.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment