Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My March Playlist!


March is over!!!!  I'm personally glad because my mouth is better...so far.  Hopefully I'm fixed!  I'm also glad because spring is here!  Our winter hasn't been as bad as some places but I'm over the cold.  I definitely have spring fever!  I will hopefully be blogging more regularly now that I'm fixed.  If you have any requests let me know.  This month's playlist is 90% female artists which I typically don't listen to.  I can't get enough!  If you missed last month's playlist you can check it out here.  I'm still loving it.  What songs are you loving?  Tell me in the comments!


1. Masterpiece by Jessie J
When I first heard this I had NO clue it was her.  It sounds so different from her other stuff but I love it!  The message is so powerful.  It shows that nobody is perfect.  It takes time to discover who we are as a person.  Whoever you choose to be is perfect no matter what others say or think.  Everybody needs this advice.  Favorite lyric: I still fall on my face sometimes And I can't color inside the lines
'Cause I'm perfectly incomplete I'm still working on my masterpiece And I, I wanna hang with the greats Got a way to go, but it's worth the wait No, you haven't seen the best of me I'm still working on my masterpiece

2. One Last Time by Ariana Grande
I find myself singing this song all the time.  It's just SO catchy!  This has always been one of my favorite songs from her album.  I haven't talked much about her album but I do love it.  I hate this music video though because I think the theme is dumb.  The song has nothing to do with meteor showers or the end of the world.  I'm not a fan but the song is great.  Favorite lyric: So one last time I need to be the one who takes you home One more time I promise after that I'll let you go Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart All I really care is you wake up in my arms One last time I need to be the one who takes you home

3. Trouble by Iggy Azalea feat. Jennifer Hundson
I'm back to listening to Iggy.  I got bored for awhile but this song just drew me in.  She is my favorite female rapper right now.  I listen to this every night while I'm getting ready for bed.  I really love the slightly old school sound.  Plus what girl hasn't fallen for a bad boy?  We've all been there!  Favorite lyric: Don’t you come here thinking you’re ballin' Ain't down for it You seem like trouble to me I can tell by the way that you lean And the way that you kiss your teeth And you turn up so fresh and clean
Smells like trouble to me

4. Superman (It's Not Easy) by Five For Fighting
I forgot all about this song!  My friend plays guitar and sings so that is how I rediscovered it.  It's such a great song!  I actually love all of their music.  Check them out if you get the chance.  I've been listening to it pretty much since my friend played it.  It should be on everybody's playlists.  Favorite lyric: It may sound absurd but don't be naïve Even heroes have the right to bleed I may be disturbed but won’t you concede Even Heroes have the right to dream And it's not easy to be me

5. I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen
She's back!  A lot of people thought she would be a one hit wonder even I quite liked her last album.  I think it's the perfect song to kick off spring because I can totally see it being a prom anthem.  It's really fun and catchy which she does well.  I'm not a big fan of the video though.  I don't really get why Tom Hanks is in it but it's still an awesome song.  Favorite lyric: I really really really really really really like you And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too? I really really really really really really like you And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too? Oh, did I say too much? I'm so in my head When we're out of touch I really really really really really really like you
And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?

6. Nobody Love by Tori Kelly
This is my current jam!  I constantly have it on repeat.  Her voice is just AMAZING!!  I've been listening to her music for awhile but this song has taken over my life.  It's soulful and old school and pretty much perfection.  I just can't get enough!  The video is really cool too.  I just love how simple yet powerful everything she does is.  Favorite lyric: I should be more cynical and tell myself that’s not okay (To feel this good when I’m with you) I try my best to fight it, say I hate you but I always stay Woah, woah, woah cuz Ain’t nobody love, ain’t nobody love like you do Ain’t nobody love, ain’t nobody love like you-oo-oo-oo do Ain’t nobody love, ain’t nobody love like you do Ain’t nobody love, ain’t nobody love like you-oo-oo-oo do

7. Nothin' Like You by Dan + Shay
I'm OBSESSED with this song!  I honestly love their entire album.  Every single song is amazing!  They sing country/pop music and I highly recommend you check them out.  This song just reminds me of summer for some reason.  I listen to this song at least 5 times a day.  I can't say enough about them or this song!  Hopefully I can see them in concert someday.  Favorite lyric: Nothin' like you Shades on spinning in a summer rain Dancing when there ain't no music Just the right kind of crazy, baby Something about you Rockin' that rock 'n roll t-shirt Whole party dressed up But you just doin' your thing Ain't nobody ever seen nothin' like you

8. Like Mariah by Fifth Harmony feat. Tyga
I have been playing their new album all month.  I've been a fan since the beginning and I'm loving their sound.  Girl power all the way!  This song is my current favorite.  I'm a big Mariah Carey fan and they sample my all time favorite song by her.  What's not to love?  They sound amazing as usual.  I just hope they don't become too sexy because we need to be spreading positive girl power.  Favorite lyric: Love it when you call me baby When you lighting up my phone Makes me want you like I'm crazy I'm running home, I'm running home Just to hear your heartbeat So sweet like honeycomb I gotta have you near me Cause you're the best I've ever known

9. Photograph by Ed Sheeran
Another album I've been listening to a lot lately again is Ed Sheeran's.  I just love him.  This song is so romantic and sweet.  Most of his songs are quite romantic and slow.  I'm not usually into that type of music but his voice is perfection.  I've loved him for about 4 years now.  I love how he became mainstream but still hasn't changed.  I hate when artists do that.  He is great!  Favorite lyric: We keep this love in a photograph We make these memories for ourselves Where our eyes are never closing Our hearts were never broken And times forever frozen still So you can keep me Inside the pocket Of your ripped jeans Holdin' me closer Till our eyes meet You won't ever be alone Wait for me to come home

10. Listen To Your Heart by DHT
This is a HUGE throwback to my high school days.  I forgot all about this song but I've been hearing this everywhere lately!  I heard it on Glee, The Voice, and I think I even heard it on a commercial.  I think I blocked it from my memory because it was extremely over played back in the day.  Now I've fallen back in love with it.  Favorite lyric: Listen to your heart when he's calling for you Listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do  I don't know where you're going and I don't know why, but listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment