Saturday, February 28, 2015

My February Playlist!


Can you believe February is over already?  It went too quick!  On the plus side it means that Spring is just around the corner.  I am over Winter!  It also means that it's time for another playlist.  You can check out last month's right here.  There were SO many good songs that I discovered this month.  I hope you enjoy!  What songs are you loving?


1. New Flame by Chris Brown feat. Usher & Rick Ross
I have been obsessed with this song for awhile!  I finally found the name of it and wrote it down.  It is such a catchy song!  I'm glad Chris Brown is going back to the music he makes best.  Plus adding in Usher was a clever and smart move.  I can't get enough!  Favorite lyric: Who said you can't find love in the club? 'Cause I wanna tell them they're wrong Come on, just, baby, try a new thing And let's spark a new flame You gon' be my baby Love me, love you crazy Tell me if you're ready Baby, come and get it Try a new thing And let's spark a new flame

2. Somebody by Natalie La Rose feat. Jeremih
This song is my current obsession!  I have it on repeat constantly!  When I first heard it, I felt a 90's vibe and then the video confirmed it.  You don't know how happy I am that the style and music from the 90's are making a comeback.  This song is my jam!  Hopefully her other music is just as good.  Favorite lyric: I wanna rock with somebody (whoah yeah) I wanna take shots with somebody (shots, shots, shots, shots)  I wanna leave with somebody (somebody, comm'on, comm'on) And we ain't gonna tell nobody, we ain't gonna tell nobody (nobody)

3. Outside by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding
I am a big fan of slightly techno music which this song delivers.  It really makes me wish it were Summer.  It would be the perfect anthem!  I love to play this every morning to wake me up and get ready for the day.  Everybody needs a song like that in their lives.  Favorite lyric: Now I'm holding on Myself was never enough for me Gotta be so strong There's a power in what you do Now every other day I'll be watching you I'll show you what it feels like Now I'm on the outside We did everything right Now I'm on the outside

4. Show 'Em (What You're Made Of) by Backstreet Boys
I've been loving their movie which has the same title.  You can check out my review here.  I just really love the message and meaning of this song.  Don't ever be afraid to show your true colors.  If people don't love you for you then they aren't worth it.  Favorite lyric: Gloves are off Ready to fight Like a lion I will survive Will I? Will I? You gotta stand for something Even if you stand alone don’t be afraid It’s gonna be alright

5. FourFiveSeconds by Rihanna, Kanye West, and Paul McCartney
You guys I tried SO hard to hate this song!  I'm not the biggest fan of her and I definitely hate him.  Somehow this song just embedded itself in my brain.  I know a lot of people who hate it but I can't stop humming along.  I'm still not a fan though!  Favorite lyric: Woke up an optimist Sun was shinin', I'm positive Then I heard you was talkin' trash Hold me back, I'm 'bout to spaz

6. Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding
I went through a bit of an Ellie Goulding phase this month.  I was obsessed with her music for awhile and I must be obsessed again.  I just love her sound and how different it is from anybody else.  She is just amazing!  I hope more music comes out soon.  Favorite lyric: Fading in, fading out On the edge of paradise Every inch of your skin is a holy grail I've got to find Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire Yeah, I'll let you set the pace 'Cause I'm not thinking straight My head's spinning around I can't see clear no more What are you waiting for?

7. Bright by Echosmith
This is a song I discovered at 3 AM.  I've determined that's when all the best songs are played.  When I heard it I honestly thought it was Taylor Swift.  I was shocked when I found out who it was because it sounds nothing like them.  I'm loving it!  Favorite lyric: Did you see that shooting star tonight Were you dazzled by the same constellation? Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me? I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right 'Cause now I'm shining bright, so bright Bright, so bright

8. Style by Taylor Swift
I know what you are thinking, I've had a Taylor Swift song on my playlist for the last four months.  I just can't help it!  Her album is just that good!  This song has been in my head all month.  I'm also loving the video.  I love everything she does honestly.  Favorite lyric: So it goes He can't keep his wild eyes on the road Takes me home Lights are off, he's taking off his coat I say, "I heard, oh, that you've been out and about with some other girl, some other girl." He says, "What you've heard is true but I Can't stop thinking about you," and I I said, "I've been there too a few times."

9. Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson
She is back!  I was a huge fan back in the day but then her sound changed.  I'm glad she has found her way back.  I sing this song all the time.  It's SO good and now I want to check out her new album.  Favorite lyric: This is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it Been so long I forgot how to turn it up up up up all night long Oh up up all night long This is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it Turned it on But I know you can take it up up up up all night long Oh up up all night long

10. Outside My Window by Sarah Buxton
I've loved this song for awhile but I rediscovered this song on my iTunes.  Every time I'm in a terrible mood I listen to it.  It's just a happy uplifting song.  It's a country song which a lot of people don't know I listen to.  You will love it!  Favorite lyric: Still need stars when you're wishin' at night A best friend to set you right A good laugh, a warm bath And a beautiful song you can sing along to Good news that'll make you cry All the little things that money can't buy  No wars, no more Just a big rainbow outside my window


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment