Saturday, January 31, 2015

My January Playlist!


It's my first playlist of 2015!  If you are new to blog, I will explain what this is.  Every month, on the last day, I upload ten songs I've been loving for the month.  I hope your month has been a great start to the New Year.  So far I've been doing great!  Are you keeping up with your 2015 goals?  I'm getting myself back on track.  If you want to check out last month's playlist click here.  I had a hard time choosing the songs for this playlist but I finally got it perfect!  What songs are you loving?


1. I Lived by OneRepublic
This is my anthem for 2015.  I've already experienced a lot but this year I want to go outside my comfort zone.  I need to stop thinking and just live.  Hopefully I can do everything I've dreamed of doing bug nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.  This video is really inspiring as well because I don't let my disease stop me either.  Favorite lyric: I, I did it all I, I did it all I owned every second That this world could give I saw so many places The things that I did Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived

2. Sugar by Maroon 5
I forgot how much I loved this song!!!  I hadn't played the album in awhile but I'm now addicted all over again.  I wish I was seeing them in tour again!  I love the music video SO much.  If Adam Levine showed up unannounced at my wedding I would die!  He's just amazing.  Favorite lyric: I don't wanna be needing your love I just wanna be deep in your love And it's killing me when you're away, ooh, baby 'Cause I really don't care where you are I just wanna be there where you are And I gotta get one little taste

3. Change Your Ticket by One Direction
I still can't stop playing their new album.  My favorite song is always changing but for now it's this one.  It's up beat but still a mature sound.  I'm so glad they are evolving because I can't get enough!  To be honest I'd love anything they did.  I will be seeing them live this summer and I can't wait!  Favorite lyric: Don't play innocent I know what you meant When you said you'd come over Aren't we way past that? Playin' hard to get We did that when we were younger

4. The Hanging Tree by Jennifer Lawrence
If you haven't seen Mockingjay yet then you'll have no clue what it is.  This has been stuck in my head the entire month.  It's SO catchy!  I honestly thought I'd never hear it on the radio.  Somehow they remixed it and I love it.  I am constantly humming it!  Favorite lyric: Are you, are you Coming to the tree? They strung up a man They say who murdered three Strange things did happen here No stranger would it be If we met at midnight In the hanging tree

5. I Wish You Would by Taylor Swift
I couldn't find a working link but trust me it's amazing.  It's by far my favorite song on the album!  I love how the beat changes.  I love the meaning too.  I just think all her lyrics are phenomenal.  She is just amazing!  Go buy 1989 because you won't regret it!  Favorite lyric: I wish you would come back Wish I never hung up the phone like I did I wish you knew that I'll never forget you as long as I live.
And I wish you were right here, right now, it's all good. I wish you would I wish we could go back
And remember what we were fighting for And I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore And I wish you were right here, right now, it's all good. I wish you would

6. Riptide by Vance Joy
I had to check him out because he's opening for Taylor Swift and I had never heard of him.  I love this song!  It really makes me wish summer were here already!  He has such a unique sound too.  This tour will be huge for his career and I can't wait to hear more!  Favorite lyric: Lady, running down to the riptide Taken away to the dark side I wanna be your left hand man I love you when you're singing that song And I got a lump in my throat 'Cause you're gonna sing the words wrong

7. Stuck On A Feeling by Prince Royce feat. Snoop Dogg
This my new jam!  I play it 50 times a day and I never get tired of it!  He must be new because I've never heard of him.  I discovered this song at 3 AM when I couldn't sleep.  This is typically when hear the best stuff.  I'm totally obsessed!!!  Favorite lyric: Ya just can't stop Once ain't enough Better lock this down Better box it up Gotta work me out Make it real Gotta make it count Get stuck on a feeling

8. 3am by Meghan Trainor
Her album has been a favorite this month.  My mom even loves it!  This song is my current favorite.  I just love her sound.  It sounds old school but with a modern twist.  I love that artists can do that because it makes them stand out.  Everybody can relate to her music as well.  Favorite lyric: I can't believe I'm still doing this I told myself a month ago that I'd be through with this I'm looking at my phone, and wondering if you're home I'm kinda tipsy, I ain't tryna sleep alone Somebody told me that some other girl was hugging you Baby, you know I'm the one that should be loving you You know we had a thing, baby, it's such a shame I still get crazy every time I hear your name

9. Somebody To You by The Vamps feat. Demi Lovato
I've actually loved this song for awhile but I just rediscovered it.  I forgot all about it until my iTunes played it.  I love when that happens!  I love the message and it's a super catchy song!  I need to listen to more of their music because I really like them.  They are really cute too!  Favorite lyric: Look at me now, I'm falling I can't even talk, still stuttering This ground of mine keeps shaking Oh oh oh, now! All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah Is somebody to you All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah Is somebody to you

10. Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morissette
I've heard this song everywhere this month!  I had kinda forgotten about it honestly.  This song was a HUGE hit in the 90's.  Also her album was SO good!  I wish she still made music.  Go check out her Jagged Little Pill album!  It's life changing!  Favorite lyric: And what it all comes down to Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet 'cause I've got one hand in my pocket And the other one is giving the peace sign



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment