Monday, January 19, 2015

Miracles Aren't Real?


Last week I read an article that really upset me.  If you aren't into religion then you may not like this post.  Just know that these are my thoughts and opinions.  I'd like to know your thoughts in the comments.

A guy named Kevin Malarkey wrote a book called The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven after he was in a coma for 2 months due to a car accident.  This left him paralyzed.  At the time he was 6 and at 17 he is claiming it was all fake.  He made the entire story up!  He is quoted saying: "Please forgive the brevity, but because of my limitations I have to keep this short. I did not die. I did not go to Heaven,” Malarkey writes, calling, well, malarkey on himself. “I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."  I totally disagree with his statement.

I was raised a Christian.  I went to church every Sunday and studied the Bible.  He is right that people should read the Bible but how dare he claim other peoples experiences are lies.  Just because he lied about his story doesn't mean others did.  I believe miracles happen and sometimes we have spiritual experiences in order to have a second chance at life.  We are all on this Earth for a purpose.  We don't necessarily know our purpose but that's just a part of life.  You have to make the most out of our life especially if we have a second chance.

I personally never read this book but I have read others.  The books are meant to inspire people not take the place of the Bible.  You can't group everybody into your category.  I'm glad he admitted the truth but he still made a profit so he probably shouldn't be judging others.  The book has since been pulled from stores as it should be.  What do you think about this?  I'd love to hear!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment