Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Being The Bigger Person


Yesterday a disagreement happened between me and a person who I thought knew me pretty well.  I consider them to be a friend.  I've defended her, stood up for her, and been nothing but nice.  Now I feel betrayed.  I won't go into full detail but I've learned a major lesson.  What lesson?  Being the bigger person.

First off, no matter what the situation, there is a certain way to approach me.  You have to ease into it otherwise I am automatically defensive.  This is exactly what happened.  I freaked out!  I'm not a fighter but when I get mad words just fly out.  I don't stop and think.  I may have said a few things that offended and upset her.  I immediately wanted to call my mom because I knew she'd be in my corner.  Then I thought I'm 25 not 12 so I should probably handle it myself.

After being alone for a few minutes I cooled down.  I did apologize but she didn't seem to accept it.  I'm only human.  Of course I'm going to make mistakes and say things I don't mean.  It feels refreshing to be mature.  Sometimes, no matter what you do, you just need to be the bigger person.  I know it's hard but I know you can do it.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment