Sunday, January 18, 2015

Movie Review: Whitney


Who doesn't love a good Lifetime movie?  I could literally spend my entire day watching them!  So when they announced a movie about Whitney Houston I was instantly excited.  I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan but she was the greatest female vocalists of all time.

To be honest, I was slightly disappointed in the film.  I knew nothing about how she was discovered or really anything about her life besides what the tabloids said.  I really wanted to see that side of her but instead the whole film focused on her relationship with Bobby Brown.  They should have just called it Bobby instead of Whitney.

I did learn some things though.  Everybody claims that Bobby introduced her to drugs but in reality she got him started.  That was shocking to me.  It also eluded that she may have been having a lesbian relationship with her close friend.  We'll never really know though.  The actress, Yaya DeCosta, who portrayed Whitney did a pretty good job.  She looked eerily similar.  I wish they would have have had her lip sync not because she had a terrible voice.  Let's just just real, she was nowhere near Whitney's level because pretty much no one is.

Overall, it wasn't as good as I had hoped but I still enjoyed it.  Did any of you watch?  What did you like or dislike?  Tell me your thoughts in the comments!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment