Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My December Playlist!


It is almost 2015!  Can you guys believe this is the last playlist of 2014?  This has been an amazing year and I can't wait to see what the new year brings.  I hope you guys come along with me as well!  If you want to check out last months playlist click here I'm still obsessed with them.  I did something a little different for this playlist.  I chose 5 Christmas songs and 5 regular songs because I played LOTS of Christmas songs this month!  What songs have you been loving?  Let me know!

1. The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez
I don't typically like her or her music but I can't get enough.  I really fell in love with this song when she performed at the AMA's.  It was honestly her best performance EVER!  I just love the vulnerability and how different it sounds.  I hope she continues making music like this because I highly recommend it!  Favorite lyric: This is a modern fairytale No happy endings No wind in our sails But I can't imagine a life without Breathless moments Breaking me down, down, down, down

2. My Only Wish (This Year) by Britney Spears
This is my favorite Christmas song!  I wait all year to listen it!  Personally I think it is underrated because I rarely ever hear it.  This year I bought it and I've probably listened to it a hundred times.  I wish she had an entire Christmas album because I would totally buy it.  Favorite lyric: Santa can you hear me I have been so good this year And all I want is one thing Tell me my true love is near He's all I want just for me Underneath my Christmas tree I'll be waiting here santa thats my only wish this year

3. All About It by Hoodie Allen feat. Ed Sheeran
I discovered this song at 3 AM when I couldn't sleep.  I was so confused because parts sounded like Ed Sheeran and some parts didn't.  It made since once I looked it up though.  It is SO catchy and I really like his style.  He raps but still actually sings which I enjoy.  He is slowly becoming a new favorite.  Favorite lyric: Now, please be warned That every song I feature on has capacity to be reborn I said that anything can happen when I pick up a pen But now I'm all about love so won't you say it again

4. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
I've liked this song for awhile but I couldn't figure out who sang it.  I'm a little disappointed that it is Bruno Mars because I really hate his music.  I'm loving this though.  The beat is my favorite part because it is an old school feel.  It just makes you feel happy.  I play it a lot!  Favorite lyric: Come on, dance Jump on it If you sexy then flaunt it If you freaky then own it Don't brag about it, come show me Come on, dance Jump on it If you sexy then flaunt it Well it's Saturday night and we in the spot Don't believe me, just watch

5. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey
Who doesn't love this song?  When you hear this song you just know it is the holiday season.  It's a classic!  Pretty much every artist has covered it by now but this is my favorite.  He was very brave to even attempt this but it payed off.  Even though I'm not really a fan of his anymore, I still adore is Christmas album.  I even play it when it isn't Christmas.  Favorite lyric: Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas I won't even wish for snow And I'm just gonna keep on waiting Underneath the mistletoe

6. Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony
I am OBSESSED with this song!!!  I'm honestly SO excited for their album.  I've loved them since the very beginning and I love the direction they are going with their music.  There need to be more girl groups out there right now.  You guys know that I love girl power.  I can't wait for more music!!  Favorite lyric: You're taken over the beat of my body You just don't let up, don't let up You're taken over the beat of my body But you lift me up, lift me up If you take my pulse right now It would feel just like a sledgehammer

7. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble
I always forget about Michael Buble until this time of year comes around.  His voice is so distinct and I honestly love it so much.  I will be buying this album for sure.  Hopefully I actually do it before next year!  Maybe I'll even check out his other music.  This song is always stuck in my head!  Favorite lyric: They're singing "Deck The Halls" But it's not like Christmas at all I remember when you were here And all the fun we had last year (Christmas) Pretty lights on the tree (Christmas) I'm watching them shine (Christmas) You should be here with me (Christmas) Baby please come home

8. Hoopty Hoop by Tyler Ward
I forgot all about this song until it played on my iPod.  I listened to this pretty much every day in the Summer.  Now I can't stop playing it again.  He is my favorite YouTube musician.  His music is modern but also different.  This song is super catchy and just fun.  Go check him out!  Favorite lyric: Jump in my Hoopty-Hoop baby Ain’t got a lot of money but I think we’re gonna make it You know that when I count down from three We can make believe that We’ll be standing taller than the Hollywood trees Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh we’ve got this love thing going on Singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh we’ve got this love thing going on

9. What Christmas Means To Me by Jessica Simpson
I'm a massive Jessica Simpson fan so I had to include her.  This was my first ever Christmas album that I got.  I was probably 14 or 15 and I still love it just as much.  I really wish she would make a comeback.  Either way I'll always be a fan!  Favorite lyric: I see your smiling face Like I never seen before Even though I love you madly It seems I love you more The little cards you give me Will touch my heart for sure All these things and more, baby (All these things and more) That's what Christmas means to me, my love (Christmas means to me, my love)

10. Last Christmas by Taylor Swift
I love all versions of this song!  This is another classic for sure.  I just really like her version because it is slightly different.  Surprisingly I don't own this album.  I just always forget!  You guys know I'm a total Swiftie!  Favorite lyric: Last Christmas I gave you my heart But the very next day, you gave it away This year, to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment