Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 3: Christmas Memories


Welcome to day 3 of my 12 Days of Christmas!  Today I'm going to talk about my favorite Christmas Memory.  Sadly I don't have a scanner so I can't add pictures.  Until I was about 8, my mom was a single parent but took Christmas very seriously.  When I was 5 we lived in a tiny apartment and it was the best Christmas ever!  In school I had made reindeer food which was basically oats and glitter.  I went out on our deck and dumped it all over the snow right before bed.  Around 3 AM my older sister shook me awake whispering that Santa came!  I made her crawl out to our tree and see what was out there because I wasn't going to get in trouble!  My mom typically made us wait until at least 7 to open presents but not this year.  She heard us and knew we wouldn't fall back asleep.  I got my own miniature sized recliner and a game boy and so much more!  We stayed up until about 5 AM and finally fell back asleep.  Looking back I'm so thankful for my mom.  Somehow she made every Christmas the best even though we didn't have a lot of money.  She still does it now!  I can't wait to hear your favorite memories!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment