Thursday, December 4, 2014

Movie Review: The Giver


I read this book at least 10 years ago so I was really excited for that they made a film.  I only remembered some parts from the book but it's just been too long.  This movie was AMAZING!  I can't stop watching it!  If you want to start reading dystopian book but you aren't sure what to read then I highly recommend this one.  It deals more with emotion instead of anything too extreme.  The film deals with a community where everybody has the same rules and nobody can be different.  All of their life they are watched so the perfect job is given.  The main character is Jonas and he gets chosen to be The Receiver.  This means he will hold all the memories from the past world.  He comes up with a plan to make everyone experience those memories too.  I cried a few times.  It really makes you think about what we take for granted every day.  You guys should definitely check this out!  What do you guys think?  Have you seen it?  Let me know your thoughts!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment