Sunday, November 30, 2014

My November Playlist!


I'm actually excited to be writing this post because it means Christmas is 25 days away!!!!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  We just hung out and ate lots of unhealthy food.  It was nice and relaxing.  What did you guys do?  If you want to check out last month's playlist click here.  I have SO many song obsessions this month so let's get started!  What songs are you loving?

1. Lips Are Movin by Meghan Trainor
I LOVE this song!  I play it all the time!  The second I heard it I was instantly hooked.  I actually like it better than her last song.  I love the video as well.  It's an extremely catchy song and I love her girl power vibe.  I'm glad she isn't a one hit wonder.  I can't wait to check out her other songs.  Favorite lyric: I know you lie Cause your lips are moving Tell me do you think I'm dumb? I might be young, but I ain't stupid Talking around in circles with your tongue I gave you bass, You gave me sweet talk
Saying how I'm your number one But I know you lie Cause your lips are moving Baby don't you know I'm done

2. Blank Space by Taylor Swift
I'm obsessed with her entire album!  This is just one of my favorites.  I love how she can make fun of herself because it shows that she doesn't care what people think.  This is by far her best video EVER!!  She goes completely crazy and I love every minute!  We all know we'd do the same thing.  I just love her!  I can't wait for her tour!  Favorite lyric: So it's gonna be forever Or it's gonna go down in flames You can tell me when it's over If the high was worth the pain Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane 'Cause you know I love the players And you love the game 'Cause we're young and we're reckless We'll take this way too far It'll leave you breathless Or with a nasty scar
Got a long list of ex-lovers They'll tell you I'm insane But I've got a blank space, baby And I'll write your name

3. Bring It All Back by S Club 7
If you were around in the late 90's then  you probably have heard of this group.  They followed the other British acts of that time.  My cousin and I were obsessed with them and their TV show!  I have had this song stuck in my head all month because they announced a reunion.  If they come to the states I would totally go see them.  Their reunion performance was a bit of a mess but it's been over 10 years.  I'm loving the comeback!  Favorite lyric: Don't stop, never give up Hold your head high and reach the top Let the world see what you have got Bring it all back to you Dream of falling in love Anything you've been thinking of When the world seems to get too tough Bring it all back to you

4. Winter Wonderland/Don't Worry Be Happy by Pentatonix feat. Tori Kelly
Is it too early for Christmas music?  I don't think so!  I have loved Pentatonix for awhile now and this Christmas album is perfection!  This is just one of my favorites.  Tori Kelly is amazing as well.  They are completely acapella meaning there are no instruments.  It is incredible how they do it!  Go buy their albums you won't regret it!  Favorite lyric: Gone away is the bluebird Here to stay is the new bird He sings a love song, as we go along Walking in a winter wonderland

5. Warning by Nick Jonas
I'm back with the Nick Jonas fever!  I bought the album the day it came out and I can't stop playing it!  This was instantly my favorite song.  His sound is just so unique from everybody else right now.  It is just mature but catchy.  I love everything about him and the album.  I'm SO glad he broke away from his brothers because he needed to grow.  Favorite lyric: And I can see the warning Yeah I can see the warning, warning It’s brighter than the morning, morning Keeps trying to turn me right around And it’s all I ever wanted It’s all I ever wanted, wanted I’m breaking the warning down, down

6. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
One thing you may not know about me is that I love the oldies.  This has always been a favorite of mine but lately it's been making a come back.  A bunch of famous celebrities covered it for BBC Music.  The best version though is from The Voice.  It was the best performance of all time!  This song just makes you feel happy.  Favorite lyric: I may not always love you But long as there are stars above you You never need to doubt it I'll make you so sure about it God only knows what I'd be without you

7. 18 by One Direction
I know it's another 1D song but I can't help it!!!!!  The album is just AMAZING!!!!!!  If you wanna see my review click here.  This is by far my favorite song.  It just has a very nostalgic feeling which I love.  Ed Sheeran helped write this and you can definitely tell.  Their new sound just fits them perfectly.  Favorite lyric: I have loved you since we were 18 Long before we both thought the same thing To be loved and to be in love All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

8. Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande feat. The Weeknd
You guys know I don't typically like slow song but this has been stuck in my head all month.  Her album is really good.  It is a lot different from her first album though so I'm not sure if I love it yet.  I don't like this video at all.  It's just too sexy.  I hope she doesn't become that girl.  Favorite lyric: 'Cause if you want to keep me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder And if you really need me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder Gotta love me harder Love me, love me, love me Harder, harder, harder

9. Take Me To Church by Hozier
I wasn't sure about this song at first but now I love it!  I'm not really into rock music so it's surprising.  I will just start humming it throughout the day.  It was also performed on The Voice by Matt McAndrew.  I'm obsessed with him if you can't tell!  I was very surprised to hear this song on a Top 40 radio station but I'm happy it is.  Favorite lyric: Take me to church I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life


10. Ghost by Ella Henderson
I heard this song one time and I was hooked instantly.  I didn't even know who sang it!  I always discover the best music at 3 AM when I'm trying to sleep.  She's British but that is about all I know.  I really want to check out her album if she has one. Her sound is so unique!   I am just obsessed!  Favorite lyric: I keep going to the river to pray 'Cause I need something that can wash all the pain And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away But your ghost, the ghost of you It keeps me awake




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment