Friday, October 31, 2014

My October Playlist!


Happy Halloween everybody!!!!  I'm so glad it is on a Friday this year because let's be honest nobody likes getting up early after being up late.  How are you celebrating?  I'm taking my nieces trick or treating later on.  I always enjoy going with them even though they are usually scared by third house.  It's just a really fun experience.  I'm VERY excited about this months playlist.  I've literally listened to these songs nonstop.  If you want check out last months playlist click here.  Do you have any recommendations?  Let me know!


1. Steal My Girl by One Direction
Most of you are probably not surprised by this.  I just can't get enough!  This song is from their new album and I have to say I love it!  It sounds like their older albums but still a mature vibe.  I'm totally ready for this album!  I like the growth each album has.  The video is completely different but somehow I can't stop watching.  They will be back touring in America next Summer and I'll be attending the Kansas City show.  Favorite lyric: I don't exist If I don't have her The sun doesn't shine, The world doesn't turn, Alright (alright)

2. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
I know I'm late to the game.  I was always so annoyed by this song but it has finally grown on me.  Originally I thought it wasn't even really a song.  I've always loved the message it portrays.  We are all beautiful no matter what size we are.  More artists should be singing songs like this.  I haven't listened to any other songs by her so we'll see if she sticks around.  Favorite lyric: Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two But I can shake it, shake it Like I'm supposed to do 'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase And all the right junk in all the right places

3. Girls by The 1975
I first heard this song on the Top 40 radio show.  The second I heard it I knew it was them.  I love just how unique their sound is.  I've been meaning to buy their album but I just keep forgetting.  I can't get enough of this song!  It's a little bit pop but not typical pop music.  It's just SO catchy!  I will be buying this album for sure.  Favorite lyric: They're just girls breaking hearts Eyes bright, uptight, just girls But she can't be what you need if she's 17 They're just girls They're just girls

4. Try by Colbie Caillat
This is the first song in awhile that has made me cry.  I had heard of this song but I never listened to it.  Then I saw this on Dancing With The Stars and I loved it.  I love the message SO much!  You can be beautiful no matter what.  Beauty is not just whats on the outside.  The video is beautiful also.  I just love everything about this song.  Favorite lyric: Put your make up on Get your nails done Curl your hair Run the extra mile Keep it slim So they like you. Do they like you? Get your sexy on
Don't be shy, girl Take it off This is what you want, to belong So they like you. Do you like you?

5. Animals by Maroon 5
I wasn't lying when I said I have had this album on repeat.  My younger sister and I are literally obsessed.  This video is SUPER creepy but also perfection.  Let's be real if Adam Levine was stalking me I would not mind at all.  Also Adam Levine looks very sexy in glasses.  He should wear them more often.  Go buy this album!  Trust me you'll love it.  Favorite lyric: Yeah, you can start over, you can run free You can find other fish in the sea You can pretend it's meant to be But you can't stay away from me I can still hear you making that sound Taking me down, rolling on the ground You can pretend that it was me But no

6. I Want Candy by Aaron Carter
If you follow my blog you probably aren't surprised by this choice.  I actually got to meet Aaron Carter this month which you can read about here.  He was like the Justin Bieber of my childhood.  It was just SO much fun.  His new music is sounding amazing as well.  Go check him out if you have never heard his music.  Favorite lyric: Candy on the beach, there's nothing better But I like candy when it's wrapped in a sweater Some day soon I'll make you mine Then I'll have candy all the time

7. In Your Arms by Nico & Vinz
When I first heard this song I had no clue who sang it.  I was trying to go to sleep but I couldn't stop wondering who sang it.  When I looked it up I was so shocked because it sounds completely different from their last song.  It's a great song though.  I like listening to it while I'm getting ready in the morning.  It's just a really nice song.  I really like how diverse they are.  I have only heard two songs by them but so far I'm impressed.  Favorite lyric: Sometimes I feel like I can't run, I can't crawl And sometimes I feel like I ain't nothing at all Life is a journey where you stumble and fall But I'm okay When I lie down in your arms

8. Rather Be by Clean Bandit
I've actually liked this song for awhile but I kept forgetting to put it on my list.  It's extremely catchy which I love.  The beat is my favorite part.  It has a slight techno feel but also an 80's feel.  I've seen a ton of covers on YouTube but I feel like this song is too unique to cover.  I just haven't liked any of them.  Favorite lyric: If you gave me a chance I would take it It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shake me When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be

9. American Dream by MKTO
I love this band!  I bought their album months ago and I still play it all the time.  This has always been one of my favorite songs.  They sound amazing!  I love how they rap and still sing at the same time.  It really makes them stand out from other pop music that is out.  I wish they played on the radio more often though.  Favorite lyric: This ain’t the same summer song that you used to know ‘Cause Jack left Diane thirty years ago The world is spinning too fast for you and me So tell me whatever happened to the American Dream

10. Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift
I'm loving the new album!  I'll have a album review up on here tomorrow.  I've had this song in my head since I heard it.  It is supposedly about Harry Styles which to be honest I was hoping for.  I will randomly just start singing this song.  I just love her SO much!  Favorite lyric: Remember when you hit the brakes too soon? Twenty stitches in the hospital room When you started cryin', baby, I did, too
But when the sun came up, I was lookin' at you Remember when we couldn't take the heat I walked out and said, "I'm settin' you free," But the monsters turned out to be just trees And when the sun came up, you were lookin' at me




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment