Monday, October 13, 2014

DWTS Season 19: It's Time For A Switch!


Welcome to Week 5!  Tonight the celebrity's will switch partners.  This is only for one week.  They did this last season and I loved it.  Hopefully it will be the same tonight!  The guest judge is Jessie J.  I really like her so I'm sure she'll be great.  There will be no elimination tonight but there will be next week,  Make sure you vote for your favorites!  The show started of with a performance by Jessie J while the group danced which was amazing of course.  I'm loving them this season!  Come back next Monday for more!


ANTONIO SABATO JR. AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He was really disappointed with his scores last week.  This week he danced Bollywood.  I liked the routine but he was a hot mess.  First off I did like this pairing.  I just thought he could do better.  He looked very lost and stiff.  She has a lot of experience in this style so I felt she out danced him.  He was committed though.  His score was 28 of 40.

BETHANY MOTA AND MARK BALLAS:
She got her partners best friend so there was a little playful tension.  This week she danced Hip Hop.  I loved this SO much!  She has so much more confidence.  I did not expect her to be that comfortable with this style.  She KILLED the entire routine!!!  She totally has swag and I wished it went on forever.  His score was 32 of 40.

JONATHAN BENNETT AND PETA MURGATROYD:
He got the lowest scores last week so he really needs to step it up.  This week he danced the Jitterbug.  It was definitely an improvement but there were mess ups.  It had potential but it just didn't work as planned.  There were awesome moments but at least he tried.  He had fun at least.  His score was 24 of 40.

ALFONSO RIBEIRO AND CHERYL BURKE:
Last week he got a perfect score so he has a lot of pressure.  This week he danced the Flamenco.  I loved this dance!  I also loved this partnership!  We saw a whole new side of him and it was great.  It had so much intensity that I couldn't look away.  They had so much chemistry for only being together a week.  His score was 34 of 40.

JANEL PARRISH AND ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV:
They need to really work on their connection to pull this routine off.  This week she danced Burlesque.  I know it is supposed to be sexy but I thought it was too much.  I didn't feel like it was really a Burlesque.  It needed to be toned down A LOT.  The connection was there though.  Her score was 33 of 40.

MICHAEL WALTRIP AND WITNEY CARSON:
There is a big age gap with this pairing so it could get awkward.  This week he danced Disco.  It was okay but I've seen better.  He was off the beat.  He needs to get more serious and do more dance moves.  His partner does all the work. no matter who it is  He relies too much on comedy and it's week 5 so it should be better.  His score was 20 of 40.

TOMMY CHONG AND EMMA SLATER:
He was worried about switching partners because he isn't sure how to learn from somebody else.  This week he danced the Mambo.  This wasn't my favorite and I think it was the song choice.  The song was too slow and so it lost energy.  He has done SO much better in past weeks.  I was disappointed 23 of 40.

SADIE ROBERTSON AND DEREK HOUGH:
She was happy with her pairing because he is most like Mark.  This week she danced the Charleston.  I really LOVED this!  It was clean and completely on point!  It was modern but still classic.  Her body is perfect for dance because she is so tall.  I just love her!  The partnership was amazing as well.  It was pretty much perfection.  Her score was 36 of 40.

LEA THOMPSON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She almost got a perfect score last week so she wants to do well.  This week she danced Broadway.  I actually did like this routine.  It was different for her but the concept was great.  I laughed a lot and her style wasn't too extreme which I liked.  She really opened up this week.  It was good.  Her score was 34 of 40.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment