Monday, November 3, 2014

DWTS Season 19: Dynamic Duo Night!


Welcome to week 8!  Tonight's theme is Dynamic Duos.  The couples will be dancing as some of the must famous duos.  This week is also dance off time.  Each couple, except the highest scoring of the night, will get on the floor and dance off against each other.  The judges will decide who wins the the dance off and gets more points added to their scores.  The highest scoring of the night will be immune from elimination.  It always gets a little crazy!  One couple will be eliminated tonight.  Make sure you vote for your favorites and tune in next week for more!


LEA THOMPSON AND ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV:
Their dynamic duo is Bonnie and Clyde.  This week she danced Jazz.  I enjoyed it but I didn't love it.  Bonnie and Clyde were outlaws and this was too nice.  It needed to be gritty and raw.  Her timing was great but the concept just failed.  Her confidence is finally back though.  It was missed so I'm happy for her.  Her score was 32 of 40.

MICHAEL WALTRIP AND EMMA SLATER:
Their dynamic duo is Tarzan and Jane.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I thought this was one of his better dances.  I don't think he is where he should be at this point.  It had a lot more content than he typically has.  It looked pretty at parts though.  I'm glad he tries so hard because it shows he really cares.  His score was 25 of 40.

JANEL PARRISH AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Their dynamic duo is Romeo and Juliet.  This week she danced Contemporary.  I really liked this dance.  It was beautiful and romantic.  It really captured the love story of Romeo and Juliet.  It felt like nobody was in the room.  My only critique was that it had a few too many lifts for my liking.  Other than that it was breathtaking.  Her score was 40 of 40.

TOMMY CHONG AND PETA MURGATROYD:
Their dynamic duo is Johnny and June Carter Cash.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  I'm so sad and disappointed.  He messed up quite a lot.  It was just all over the place.  It also lacked the emotion it needed.  I understand he is the oldest person on the show but he needs to work harder.  I still love him though.  I don't want him to go yet.  His score was 26 of 40.

SADIE ROBERTSON AND MARK BALLAS:
Their dynamic duo is Adam and Eve.  This week she danced Contemporary.  This dance was phenomenal!  The story was perfection!  It fit her SO well because of what she stands for. She was just so mature and I believed it all.  I feel like it had a ton of passion which is super important.  I wanted more!  Her score was 38 of 40.

ALFONSO RIBEIRO AND WITNEY CARSON:
Their dynamic duo is Batman and Robin.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  He did an awesome job!  It was just so much fun.  He had the hardest story to convey and I think he really pulled it off.  He can really do no wrong.  Everything he does is pretty much perfection.  I'm definitely a fan.  His score was 38 of 40.

BETHANY MOTA AND DEREK HOUGH:
Their dynamic duo is Ricky and Lucy from I Love Lucy.  This week she danced the Salsa.  I loved this SO much!  I had so much energy and a ton of content.  I liked how it barely had any tricks or gimmicks.  It was just straight up Salsa.  I appreciate that.  She just blows me away every week.  Her score was 37 of 40.

The Dance Off:
Alfonso vs. Lea: They danced the Jive.  If I had to pick I would choose Alfonso because it had lots of energy and content.  Lea made obvious mistakes.  The judges picked Alfonso as the winner.  He gets 3 extra points added to their score.

Sadie vs. Bethany: They danced the Cha Cha.  If I had to pick I would choose Bethany because it had more content that I liked.  They were pretty evenly matched though.  The judges were tied so Len made the decision which was Bethany.  She gets 3 extra points added to her score.

Tommy vs. Michael: They danced the Rumba.  If I had to pick I would choose Tommy because it was smooth and romantic.  Michael was just messy.  The judges picked Tommy as the winner.  He gets 3 extra points added to their score.

Results:
Janel won immunity and can't be eliminated.  Alfonso, Bethany, Sadie, and Lea are safe.  Michael and Tommy are in danger.  Michael is eliminated meaning Tommy will be back next week.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment