Monday, March 18, 2013

DWTS Season 16: And It Begins...


It's that time again!  Dancing With The Stars is back!!!  I will be blogging every episode.  I am super excited for this season.  I am team Aly and Kellie for sure but a few other have surprised me so far.  There will be new dance styles this season and I'm loving the new pros so far.  There will be no elimination this week.

Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough:
This was the first dance of the night.  She danced the Cha Cha.  I was already rooting for her because I love Derek.  She can actually dance though!  I was impressed.  Her score was 21 out of 30.

Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold:
He is dancing with one of the new professionals.  She is actually from last season of So You Think You Can Dance and I loved her.  He danced the Foxtrot.  For a boxer he did really good.  He has potential for sure.  his score was 18 out of 30.

Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson:
He got one of the new dance styles this season.  He danced Contemporary.  I love this dance style.  It was good but not my favorite.  There were too many lifts for my liking.  His score was 20 out of 30.

Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko:
She also got one of the new professionals.  She danced the Foxtrot.  She is my all time favorite housewife so I had high hopes.  It wasn't terrible but she had some stumbles.  Her score was 18 out of 30.

D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke:
I didn't really know what to expect from him.  He danced the Cha Cha.  All I can say is he needs major work.  He should be glad nobody is going home this week.  His score was 12 out of 30.

Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy:
She is the youngest star ever on the show.  She danced Contemporary.  It was REALLY good.  For the first week I was very impressed.  Her score was 24 out of 30.

Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd:
He wants to learn to dance for his wedding.  He danced the Foxtrot.  He was actually not that bad.  It was a little rough but I enjoyed it.  His score was 19 out of 30.

Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas:
She is one of the Fab Five.  She danced the Cha Cha.  She was AMAZING.  She is definitely the one to beat.  Plus she danced to One Direction.  Her score was 21 out of 30.

Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus:
She is an Olympic icon.  She danced Contemporary.  I knew she'd be good because most figure skaters are.  I really enjoyed it.  It was appropriate for her age too.  Her score was 21 out of 30.

Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani:
I was very interested in how she'd do.  She danced the Cha Cha.  It was pretty good.  I wanted it to be more fierce like the Cha Cha usually is.  She needs to just go for it.  Her score was 18 out of 30.

Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess:
He also has a new professionals.  He danced the Foxtrot.  I thought he would be a total wreak.  I was honestly surprised how good he was.  He wasn't perfect but I enjoyed him a lot.  His score was 17 out of 30.

Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff:
He is the current Super Bowl champion.  He danced the Cha Cha.  I thought he was very good.  Football players usually are.  His score was 20 out of 30.


Come back next Monday for more!  Also if you want me to recap any other shows then let me know.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment