Monday, June 30, 2014

My June Playlist!


Can you believe it's time for this already?  June flew by SO fast!  I'm sad but happy because my birthday is officially 15 days away!  That's right, I turn 25 in July!  I have a super special and exciting playlist planned so stay tuned!  I've been very busy this month but I've still managed to find some good music to share.  If you missed last month's playlist click here.  Do you have any recommendations?

1. Stay With Me by Sam Smith
Who doesn't love Sam Smith?  His voice is just AMAZING!  I sleep with my radio on so every night before I fall asleep I play this song.  I love the emotion of it too.  As I've said before, I'm not really a fan of slow songs but this is just perfect.  Favorite lyric: Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man These nights never seem to go to plan I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

2. I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora
I feel like I haven't heard any music in awhile or maybe I'm just out of the loop.  If it is new music then it is a good comeback.  This song is just so much fun!  It's perfect for Summer which is perfect since it is.  I feel like she always has good Summer anthems.  I like playing this in the morning to wake up in a good mood.  Favorite lyric: Cause I've been sick and working all week And I've been doing just fine You've been tired of watching me Forgot to have a good time

3. Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
Let's be honest I'm kinda in love with Ryan Tedder.  He is SO talented!  I'm actually considering going to their concert for my birthday but we'll see.  I've been loving their new music lately.  It makes me want to buy their whole album.  This song just makes me feel so pumped up.  They may be my new obsession.  Favorite lyric: There's a maniac out in front of me Got an angel on my shoulder and Mestopheles but mama raised me good, mama raised me right Mama said, "Do what you want, say prayers at night,"

4. Wiggle by Jason DeRulo
I have been a Jason DeRulo fan for a few years now.  I'm SO glad he finally put an album out!  This song is just addicting!  I immediately loved it when I heard it for the first time.  I really like the beat too.  Plus it has Snoop Dogg in it so of course it's a hit.  His new music is really good.  It's just so different from everything else.  Favorite lyric: Patty cake, Patty cake With no hands Got me in this club making wedding plans If I take pictures while you do your dance I can make you famous on Instagram

5. Better Than Words by One Direction
I had a few bad days this month so I went to my go to band.  One Direction solves everything.  This song was on repeat pretty much the whole time.  I just love it!  I'm hoping to see them in concert this Summer again.  I saw them last year and it was heaven!  I'll leave a video of this song performed live here.  Favorite lyric: Best I ever had Hips don't lie You make me wanna sss One more night Irreplaceable (yeah), crazy, we're crazy

6. We've Got It Goin' On by Backstreet Boys
If you follow my blog then you'll know I went to see the Backstreet Boys in concert earlier this month.  It was a BLAST!  I felt like I was 10 again and we had front row seats!  I went with my cousin and this song just holds SO many memories.  This was our favorite song as kids.  I've probably played it at least once a day since then.  Favorite lyric: Jam on cause Backstreet's got it Come on now everybody We've got it goin' on for years

7. Rude by Magic!
I'm OBSESSED with this song!  It constantly in my head!  My younger sister and I sing it pretty much all the time.  The beat is what first caught my attention.  I love the reggae feel.  When I saw the video I was surprised because the singer looks nothing like I pictured.  I can't get enough of this song!  Favorite lyric: Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? Why you gotta be so rude? I'm gonna marry her anyway

8.Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato feat. Cher Lloyd
I forgot all about this song until I heard it on the radio one night.  I loved it at her concert but I forgot to download it.  It's very girl power which I love.  Every Summer needs a good break up song!  Plus it's so upbeat and basically against boys.  Favorite lyric: Now if we meet out on the street I won't be running scared I'll walk right up to you and put one finger in the air And make you understand, and make you understand You had your chance, had your chance

9. Maps by Maroon 5
Maroon 5 has new music finally!  I'm a BIG Adam Levine fan so I'm pretty excited.  I love the song A LOT!  I feel like they have gone back to their old music.  I hate when bands conform to what's popular.  Either way I support and love them.  I'm ready for the album!  Favorite lyric: But I wonder where were you When I was at my worst Down on my knees And you said you had my back So I wonder where were you When all the roads you took came back to me

10. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
It's FINALLY out!  I can't get enough of his new album!  This song is by far my favorite song.  It is just so cute and romantic.  He just has just such a way with lyrics.  He is probably my favorite artists of all time.  Trust me, he is that awesome and amazing.  Favorite lyric: And darling I will be loving you till we're 70 And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23 And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways Maybe just the touch of a hand Oh me I fall in love with you every single day And I just wanna tell you I am



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment