Monday, May 11, 2015

Book Review: Dark Places


I finally finished a book!  I feel like it has been awhile since I've posted a book review.  Today I'll be reviewing Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.  After I read Gone Girl I immediately bought the other two books by Gillian Flynn.  I just really love her style even though I don't typically like suspense/thrillers.

Dark places is about a woman named Libby Day whose mom and two sisters were brutally murdered.  She was only 7 so she was persuaded to say her brother committed the murders.  Now that she is older she begins to question if he really did after learning a little bit more about the case.  The book follows her investigating the case.  It also shows the perspective of her mother and brother on the actual day of the murders.

This book is set in the mid 80's when everybody believed people were devil worshipers.  It is very graphic so be warned.  I'm sure how I feel about the book.  At times I couldn't put it down but sometimes I just got bored.  I had such high expectations because of Gone Girl but it just didn't live up.  The ending was also not that great in my opinion.  Overall, I probably won't be rereading this but I'm glad I checked it out.

Have you guys read the book?  Let me know your thoughts!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment