Sunday, May 31, 2015

My May Playlist!


Is May really over?  It went by SO fast!  A lot happened which made it feel like it went even faster.  I'm ready for June though because maybe it will finally stop raining.  It's also one month closer to my birthday!  I'm also excited for baseball games.  I'm still SUPER obsessed with last month's playlist so go check it out.  This month is pretty diverse.  I must have been in a country music mood.  Hopefully you guys enjoy it!  What have you guys been listening to?  Leave some recommendations!


1. Honey, I'm Good by Andy Grammer
I first heard this song on DWTS.  I honestly didn't really love it until I heard it on the radio.  After that it was pretty much in my head at all times.  It's one of those songs that puts you in a good mood no matter what.  I really like that it's so upbeat and fun.  Anybody can enjoy it as well.  Plus it isn't your typical love song.  This music video is adorable too.  Favorite lyric: So nah nah honey, I’m good I could have another but I probably should not I got somebody at home, And if I stay I might not leave alone No, honey, I’m good I could have another but I probably should not I gotta bid you adieu To another I will stay true

2. Pretty Girls by Britney Spears feat. Iggy Azalea
Britney is back!!!!  This song reminds me of 90's Britney.  The music video has the fashion, the clothes, and the dance moves.  I can't get enough!  I really hope this is a sign of new music.  I've always been a big fan especially of old Britney.  I've been waiting for her to go back to her old roots.  I think Iggy adds a nice touch to the song too.  Favorite lyric: The girls roll up Windows roll down Eyes on us Jaws on the ground Watch them go It's just so funny Like bees to the honey! All around the world, pretty girls Wipe the floor with all the boys Pour the drinks, bring the noise We're just so pretty! All around the world, pretty girls Jump the line, to the front Do what we like, get what we want We're just so pretty!

3. This Summer's Gonna Hurt by Maroon 5
If you've followed this blog long enough then you know I love Adam Levine.  When I heard this song I was very confused because it sounded like him but it's not on their album.  It also sounds completely different then all their other songs.  It's very catchy though!  All I know is I'm obsessed!  This might be one of my summer jams.  I am always singing it.  Maybe this means another album is coming soon!  I can only hope!  Favorite lyric: I see her dancing in the streets Sipping champagne on the beach So expensive when she eats Cause she's so fancy I see her when I go to sleep I check my phone when I am weak She never posts anything deep Cause she's so fancy

4. Flashlight by Jessie J
If you saw Pitch Perfect 2 then you probably know this song.  If you haven't seen it then you MUST!  All that was playing in my mind was this song when I left the theater.  I thought it was written for the movie so I was surprised when I found out it was a Jessie J song.  I just love the meaning of the song.  It will make more sense when you see the movie.  I'll let you guys decide what it's about because it has many meanings.  Favorite lyric: I got all I need when I got you and I I look around me, and see a sweet life I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight You're getting me, getting me through the night Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes Can't lie, it's a sweet life Stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight You're getting me, getting me through the night Cause you're my flash light (flash light)

5. Bad Blood by Taylor Swift
I'm SO glad this is her next single!  I wasn't sure about this version with Kendrick Lamar but it's growing on me now.  Taylor can do nothing wrong!  She really hyped this music video up and let me just say it did not disappoint!  It was full of girl power which I always appreciate.  Plus it shows a whole different side of her that we've never seen before.  I honestly can't wait for her tour now.  I know it will be AMAZING!  Favorite lyric: Band-aids don't fix bullet holes You say sorry just for show If you live like that, you live with ghosts Band-aids don't fix bullet holes You say sorry just for show If you live like that you live with ghosts If you love like that blood runs cold

6. Girl Crush by Little Big Town
I first heard this song on The Voice and then I forgot about it.  I then heard it on the Billboard Awards and loved it.  It reminds me of an old 50's or 60's song even though it's a country song.  I think every girl has felt this way at some point in their life.  We all want the boy who loves somebody else.  That's just how life goes.  This song really describes that feeling.  I listen to it all the time now.  Favorite lyric: I wanna taste her lips, yeah, ‘cause they taste like you I wanna drown myself in a bottle of her perfume I want her long blonde hair, I want her magic touch Yeah, ‘cause maybe then you’d want me just as much I got a girl crush

7. Sangria by Blake Shelton
Who doesn't love Blake Shelton?  Ever since he performed this song on The Voice I have been playing it on repeat.  I'm not exactly sure why I like it but I do.  I think I just really like his music.  It is a country song but I think you'll like it anyway.  It's only slightly country.  For some reason it just reminds me of a good summer song.  Favorite lyric: We're buzzing like that no vacancy sign out front Your skin is begging to be kissed by a little more than the sun You take my hand in yours, you lean in
And your lips taste like sangria, your lips taste like sangria


8. Clouds by One Direction
You guys are probably over the One Direction songs.  I just can't help it!  This song popped up on my iPod every time I played it.  I found myself singing this song in my head all day.  I've actually loved it for awhile but now I'm obsessed!  I love how it sounds like an anthem.  I really hope they perform it at their concert.  It will probably sound 1000 times better.  I'm SO excited!  They sound just as good without Zayn.  I honestly couldn't tell a difference.  Favorite lyric: I know you said That you don’t like it complicated That we should try to keep it simple But love is never ever simple No Someday You’re gonna see the things that I see You’re gonna want the air that I breathe
You’re gonna wish you never left me


9. Sparks by Hilary Duff
Here is a fun fact...I'm a big Hilary Duff fan!  I'm not even ashamed!  Lizzie McGuire was my life back in the day.  I'm SO glad she is making music again.  It sounds fantastic!  Also she looks amazing especially since she had a baby a few years ago.  I wish I was cool enough to dye my hair blue.  I listen to this while I'm getting ready for the day.  It's also the perfect work out song.  Favorite lyric: You can promise castles, treasures, babies I don't care Cause for now you're just enough for me
I want you near Like a fairytale to feel your breath right on my neck You remember what I love so baby take me back


10. Black Magic by Little Mix
This song has only been out for a week or so and I'm already obsessed!  I hope they will have a new album soon!  I just love them.  This will for sure be on my summer playlist.  It's just a really cute and fun song.  I'm totally loving their new sound.  Also I love the video A LOT!  I've probably watched 50 times already.  Favorite lyric: Take a sip of my secret potion, I'll make you fall in love. For a spell that can't be broken, One drop should be enough. Boy, you belong to me, I got the recipe And it's called black magic (and it's called black magic) Take a sip of my secret potion, One taste and you'll be mine. It's a spell that can't be broken It'll keep you up all night Boy, you belong to me, I got the recipe And it's called black magic (and it's called black magic)



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment