Monday, May 11, 2015

DWTS Season 20: It's The Semifinals!!!!!!


It's week 9!!  I can't believe next week will be the end!  It went too fast!  If you missed last week's review, you can check it out here.  Tonight the couples will dance two dances.  One will be a dance they haven't danced before.  The other will be the Judges choice.  This means the Judges will take control and help the couple that they have.  To avoid favoritism they can not score the couple that they helped.  The show kicked off with big group number.  I LOVED it a lot!  It was super cute and fun.  One couple will be eliminated on tomorrow nights result show.  I will be blogging it so come back.  Make sure you keep voting for your favorites!!!  Who do you think will make the finals?  Let me know!


RUMER WILLIS AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She has always been moving due to her parents so she really didn't have friends.  She really struggled with being in the public eye.  She is now so confident and loves herself because of the show.  Her first dance of the night was the Viennese Waltz.  I really enjoyed it.  It lost a bit of the typical Viennese Waltz.  It felt too sexy for my liking.  I do love the connection they have.  She also makes everything look effortless.  She is very committed to every dance but this wasn't my personal favorite.  Her score was 38 of 40.  Now it's the Judges choice round.  She got Bruno as her judge.  She danced Contemporary.  I actually loved it!  The concept was Swan Lake inspired.  It had passion and emotion.  It was so clean and precise but it was also flowy and beautiful.  I loved the lift as well!  It was fantastic!  Her score was 30 of 30.  This makes her total for the night 68 of 70.

NOAH GALLOWAY AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He has always done whatever he sets his mind to.  After 9/11 he knew he needed to serve his country.  He was depressed after his accident.  He really inspires everybody.  His first dance of the night was the Viennese Waltz.  I loved it!  It was just raw and beautiful.  I got teary eyed a few times.  It had so much content.  It was also smooth which is something he has struggled with.  It was my favorite dance by him so far.  His score was 36 of 40.  He also proposed to his girlfriend!  Now it's the Judges choice round.  He got Carrie Anne as his judge.  He danced the Paso Doble.  I thought he did great.  The concept was about all the battles he has overcome.  I didn't love it.  I wanted more content and passion.  He did great but I wanted more.  His score was 30 of 30.  This makes his total for the night 66 of 70.

RIKER LYNCH AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He has always been a performer.  His family means everything to him.  They had to split so he could pursue an entertainment career.  It was hard for him but he made it.  His first dance of the night was Contemporary.  I'm just in love with him.  It was just so real and raw.  He looked like a professional.  The lifts were AMAZING!  He really showed his true self and I want more!  His score was 40 of 40.  Now it's the Judges choice round.  He got Julianne as his judge.  He danced the Argentine Tango.  OMG BEST DANCE EVER!!  The concept was traditional vs. modern.  Julianne is traditional and looked fantastic dancing with them.  I couldn't look away AT ALL!  It had passion and flare.  It was perfection!!!!  His score was 30 of 30.  This makes his total for the night 70 of 70.

NASTIA LIUKIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She wanted to be a gymnast because of her dad.  Her parents were nervous about it because they knew the amount of work it took.  She was determined and won gold in 2008.  She wanted to keep competing but didn't make it in 2012.  It was then that she realized there is more to life than just competing.  Her first dance of the night was the Quickstep.  She did AMAZING!  She just looked great!  It was fun and I wish it never ended!  The flip was unexpected and SO cool!  She is just flawless.  She could win for sure.  Her score was 40 of 40.  Now it's the Judges choice round.  She got Len as her judge.  She danced the Viennese Waltz.  This was so beautiful.  The concept was Len looking back on his dance career.  It was so touching and it felt like it was just them in the room.  I cried.  It was wonderful!  Her score was 30 of 30.  This makes her total for the night 70 of 70.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment