Monday, May 4, 2015

DWTS Season 20: Made By America!


It's week 8!  If you missed my review of last week's episode, you can check it out here.  This week is America's Choice.  The fans had the input on songs, dances, and anything else the celebrities asked.  It is also Trio Dance time!  Trio dances are performed by the celebrity, their partner, and another pro.  These are my favorite so I'm excited.  There is a double elimination this week.  Make sure you keep voting for your favorites!  The eliminations will be on tomorrows result show.  My post will be late but it will definitely be up tomorrow night.  Follow this blog so you'll be instantly notified.


NOAH GALLOWAY AND SHARNA BURGESS:
America chose the song Geronimo by Sheppard.  This week he danced the Tango.  I really liked it.  It had an elegance but it was blocky.  I know he can't help it but it just seemed more obvious with this dance.  I usually never notice.  I wanted it to be a bit more powerful.  They do good working with what they can do though.  I applaud that.  I'm glad America had him wear a suit because he looked good.  His score was 31 of 40.  For his trio dance he picked Emma Slater.  They danced the Salsa.  I thought it was very creative.  He really didn't dance though.  He kind of just stood there while they danced around him.  It's almost finals time and I just felt he didn't step it up enough.  His score was 32 of 40.  This makes his total for the night 63 of 80.

CHRIS SOULES AND WHITNEY CARSON:
America chose the song Lay Me Down by Sam Smith.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I enjoyed it a lot.  I loved the concept that they were the only people in the room.  The lifts were flawless.  It was just so captivating.  I liked that they kept it simple and elegant.  I couldn't look away.  He is most improved by far.  His score was 34 of 40.  For his trio dance he picked Lindsay Arnold.  They danced the Paso Doble.  I was pretty impressed.  It wasn't perfect but he gave it his all.  The intensity was there but his timing was off a few times.  The girls slightly overpowered him but it wasn't terrible.  His score was 30 of 40.  This makes his total for the night 64 of 80.

RIKER LYNCH AND ALLISON HOLKER:
America chose the song What Now by Rihanna.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  I'm still in love with him!  We saw a completely different side of him and I loved it!  You could see the emotion on his face but he still was in control.  I could've watched that all night.  I really think he could win the whole thing!  He killed it!!  He looked AMAZING in a suit as well.  His score was 39 of 40.  For his trio dance he picked Brittany Cherry.  They danced a Jazz.  OMG he KILLED it!!!!  It was high energy and fun.  I wanted it to never end!  He took control of that dance and it worked for him.  He looked like a pro!  This just guaranteed his spot in the final!  His score was 39 of 40.  This makes his total for the night 78 of 80.

ROBERT HERJAVEC AND KYM JOHNSON:
America chose the song Champagne Kisses by Jessie Ware.  This week he danced Contemporary.  This dance just made me smile and feel happy.  It was a cute love story that everybody dreams of.  It felt magical and enchanting.  Their connection really showed plus they finally kissed!  I thought the lifts were too much but I still really enjoyed it.  His score was 33 of 40.  For his trio dance he picked Jenna Johnson.  They danced the Samba.  I thought he did a pretty good job.  He took control and stayed focused.  It was slightly messy but they looked great.  I loved the model theme.  It fit perfectly.  His score was 29 of 40.  This makes his total for the night 62 of 80.

NASTIA LIUKIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
America chose the song Centuries by Fall Out Boy.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I LOVED IT!!!!!  It had passion and aggression which I thought was fantastic.  It was such a different side then what we see from her.  I loved the gladiator theme also.  Derek is still injured so I'm proud of her for developing a new connection so quickly.  She can do anything!  Her score was 36 of 40.  For her trio dance she picked Sasha Farber.  They danced a Jive.  It was AMAZING!  The concept was fantastic and so creative.  It was all about juggling two lovers.  The whole thing was fabulous!  I wanted more!!!  Plus Derek danced again!  She is just the best!  Her score was 40 of 40.  This makes her total for the night 76 of 40.

RUMER WILLIS AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
America chose the song Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps by Doris Day.  This week she danced the Rumba.  I did really enjoy it.  America wanted a classic Rumba but to me it felt more like a Tango.  It was too powerful for my taste.  A Rumba is supposed to be romantic, flowy, and beautiful.  I just didn't get that from them.  Their connection was back for sure though.  They needed that.  Her score was 40 of 40.  For her trio dance she picked Artem Chigvintsev.  They danced the Paso Doble.  I liked this SO much better.  It was very classic and I wanted more.  I couldn't look away!  It has passion and intensity!  She really impressed me with this one!  Her score was 40 of 40.  This makes her total for the night 80 of 80.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment