Monday, April 27, 2015

DWTS Season 20: Era Night!!!


It's week 7!  If you missed last weeks recap you can check it out here.  Tonight is Era Night.  Each of the celebrities will be dancing a dance based on an era.  Dance offs are also back.  The couples will compete in a classic dance off for more points.  The show kicked off with an amazing group number.  I loved it a lot!  There will be a double elimination next week.  Tonight somebody will go home so voting is more important than ever.  Make sure you vote!  The couple with the highest score will have immunity.  Also there will be a special anniversary show on Tuesday.  I won't be recapping it but make sure you check it out!


RIKER LYNCH AND ALLISON HOLKER:
His era was the 1920's.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I'm just OBSESSED with him!!!!!  I loved the baseball theme.  It really fit him.  The content is always so surprising.  He pulled out a tap number which was so unexpected.  He does need to work on his frame but that is just a minor thing.  He's going to go all the way!  His score was 37 of 40.

CHRIS SOULES AND WHITNEY CARSON:
His era was the 1940's.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I actually really liked it!  I loved the story line of a sailor and a woman sharing the last dance before he goes to war.  He finally has a full connection with his partner.  He's slowly improving.  He needs to work on his hold but he's getting there.  I'm not a big fan though.  His score was 31 of 40.

RUMER WILLIS AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her era was the 1960's.  This week she danced the Jive.  It was much better than last week but I was honestly expecting more.  I thought it would be more high energy.  It just seemed way to safe for her.  Also her arms needed some work.  I know she has so much more to offer.  She just needs to go back to who she truly is.  If she does that then she will be the one to beat.  Her score was 35 of 40.

NOAH GALLOWAY AND SHARNA BURGESS:
His era was the 1970's.  This week he danced a Jazz.  I thought he did a pretty good job!  It was the most dancing I've seen him do so far.  It was fun and full of swag.  His personality really shined which is something we haven't really seen.  I think he finally realized that he needs to focus on what he can do and not on what he can't.  He needs to stay on this path.  He score was 36 of 40.

ROBERT HERJAVEC AND KYM JOHNSON:
His era was the 1980's.  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  I LOVED this dance!  It had so much passion and chemistry.  It was HOT!  The lifts and pretty much everything was flawless.  He got a bit distracted during parts but that's fine.  I really didn't get an 80's vibe either.  I still loved it though!  His score was 31 of 40.

NASTIA LIUKIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
Derek has been injured so Sasha has stepped in.  Her era is modern.  This week she danced the Charleston.  I freaking loved it!!!  It was her best dance yet!  She just danced and didn't think about it.  I wish it never had to end!  I'm sad Derek was injured for this but at least he was still part of it.  Hopefully he'll be back next week.  Her score was 38 of 40.

WILLOW SHIELDS AND MARK BALLAS:
Her era was the future.  This week she danced a Jazz.  I wasn't the biggest fan of this dance.  I really just didn't like the ninja theme.  It wasn't really dancing to me.  Having futuristic as an era leaves so many options to do.  He could've came up with a cooler and crazier concept.  I'm just slightly disappointed.  She did a good job though.  Her score was 37 of 40.

Dance Off:
Riker vs. Willow:  They are dancing the Salsa.  I personally think Riker won.  He just had more content and less tricks.  I loved both but I just thought they were a bit better.  The judges chose Willow as the winner so she gets 2 bonus points.

Noah vs. Robert: They are dancing the Cha Cha.  I would choose Robert as the winner.  It was really hard to decide.  They were very well matched.  The song wasn't the best for this style.  The judges chose Noah as the winner so he gets 2 bonus points.

Rumer vs. Chris: They are dancing the Foxtrot.  I would choose Chris.  I thought he had a lot of personality.  I thought he had more fun.  He really kept up.  The judges chose Rumer as the winner so she gets 2 bonus points.

Results:
Nastia, Noah, Riker, Robert, Chris, and Rumer are safe.  Willow has been eliminated.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment