Monday, April 20, 2015

DWTS Season 20: Team YOLO vs. Team Trouble


It's week 6!  In case you missed my recap of last week you can check it out here.  The theme is Spring Break night!  This week team dances are back.  This is always a favorite for me.  Whichever team Derek is on always wins.  We'll see if that streak continues.  Tonight another person will be eliminated.  Make sure you keep voting for your favorites so they don't go home!  Who are your favorites?


PATTI LABELLE AND ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV:
Her spring break song is Heat Wave by Martha and the Vandellas.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I actually enjoyed it.  It was very fun and entertaining.  It was probably her best dance she has done yet.  She danced in one shoe even!  I did wish it had a bit more actual Quickstep steps.  If she doesn't step it up soon then she will go home.  Her score was 29 of 40.

NASTIA LIUKIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
Her spring break song is Summer by Calvin Harris.  This week she danced the Tango.  I loved it SO much!  She felt a lot of pressure but she always pulls it off.  Her determination is insane and inspiring.  It did lack a bit of passion but I'm sure they will pull it back together.  I have total faith in her.  Her score was 34 of 40.

WILLOW SHIELDS AND MARK BALLAS:
Her spring break song is Tequila by Xavier Cugat.  This week she danced the Salsa.  I really liked this dance!  The Salsa is usually super sexy but it was sassy.  It was very appropriate for her age.  The lifts were fantastic.  It was very high energy and just a ton of fun.  I just love her.  Her score was 34 of 40.

ROBERT HERJAVEC AND KYM JOHNSON:
His spring break song is Surfin' Safari by The Beach Boys.  This week he danced the Jive.  It was definitely better than last week.  There was a ton of content which I enjoy.  It was lots of fun.  The chemistry is amazing between them.  He did have a slight mistake though.  He really just needs to work and focus on his timing.  I know he can to it!  His score was 28 of 40.

NOAH GALLOWAY AND SHARNA BURGESS:
His spring break song is Waves by Mr. Probz.  This week he danced the Rumba.  I was worried about this dance but I was really impressed.  There was a lot more content and it made him more vulnerable.  I think America really needed to see that.  He inspires so many people and he just needed to enjoy it more.  His partner does fantastic with the choreography.  I really applaud her.  His score was 29 of 40.

RUMER WILLIS AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her spring break song is Bootylicious by Destiny's Child.  This week she danced a Jazz.  I actually really enjoyed this.  I felt it lacked content.  She walked around a lot.  It was a step back from her dance last week.  It was fun and sassy.  It's hard to take such an iconic song and make it your own.  She has definitely done better.  Her score was 32 of 40.

CHRIS SOULES AND WHITNEY CARSON:
His spring break song is Hopelessly Devoted To You by Olivia Newton-John.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  He did such a good job!  I couldn't even believe it was him!  It was romantic and I was sucked in.  He was just super confident!  His framework was great as well.  All the ladies were swooning!  His score was 31 of 40.

RIKER LYNCH AND ALLISON HOLKER:
His spring break song is Want To Want Me by Jason DeRulo.  This week he danced the Samba.  OMG I am officially obsessed with him!  He did so AMAZING!!!!  He just makes every dance unique and I love that.  I'm a total fangirl!  He just keeps improving every single week.  His legs do need some work but I don't even care!  His score was 37 of 40.

Team YOLO:
Their spring break song is Wipe Out by The Surfaris.  The dance style is a freestyle.  Their team members are Willow, Robert, Nastia, and Noah.  I loved EVERYTHING about this!  It was 50's inspired and I thought it was SO fun!  I wish it never ever ended!  I just want to watch it over and over!  Their score was 39 of 40.

Team Trouble:
Their spring break song is Trouble by Iggy Azalea.  The dance style is a freestyle.  Their team members are Chris, Rumer, Patti, and Riker.  I loved it but it wasn't my favorite.  I enjoyed the concept inspired by The Breakfast Club.  I thought Patti brought them down a lot.  I'm just not a fan.  Their score was 39 of 40.  This means it's a tie.  Personally I thought Team YOLO won.  Tell me your thoughts!

Results:
Chris, Riker, Willow, Nastia, Robert, Rumer, and Noah are safe.  Patti has been eliminated.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment