Thursday, April 30, 2015

My April Playlist!


April is over already!!!  This month flew by because I have been super busy.  I love being busy though especially since Winter is over.  Unfortunately it has pretty much rainy every day.  It even snowed one day!  That's Nebraska weather for you though.  I'm SUPER excited about this post.  I have legit been playing this playlist daily and on repeat.  It is probably my favorite and best playlist I've done in awhile.  I'm still loving last month's playlist as well.  You can check it out here.  What songs are you guys loving?  Let me know!


1. GDFR by Flo Rida
This song has been playing in my head all month!  I think I just really like the beat.  It instantly boosts your mood and makes you feel pumped.  This song is perfect for an exercise playlist.  I'm also shocked that it's by Flo Rida.  I honestly had no clue.  I just hadn't heard from him lately but I'm glad he's back!  Favorite lyric: I know what you came here to see If you're a freak, then ya coming home with me And I know what you came here to do Now bust it open let me see you get loose It's going down for real

2. Want To Want Me by Jason Derulo
Who doesn't love him?  I'm pretty much obsessed with anything he does.  I can't get enough!  When I first heard this song I thought it was Usher.  I'm glad it wasn't because once I found out I loved it even more.  I am an Usher fan as well though.  This song is probably my favorite since Talk Dirty.  I really love the slight techno vibe.  I can't wait for more!  Favorite lyric: Girl, you're the one I want to want me And if you want me, girl, you got me There's nothing I know I wouldn't do, I wouldn't do Just to get up next to you

3. I Want You To Know by Zedd feat. Selena Gomez
This is where my true techno side comes out.  I could listen to this on repeat even if there were no words.  It's just SO good!  Selena adds a whole different dynamic which makes me love it even more.  I'm not really a fan of her but I thought she fit well with this song.  The video is weird but I think most of his videos are.  At least he makes amazing music.  Favorite lyric: I’m slippin down a chain reaction And here I go here I go here I go go And once again I’m yours in fractions It takes me down pulls me down pulls me down low

4. Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon
I discovered this song at like 4 AM while was watching music videos on MTV.  I've been obsessed ever since!  I literally listen to it about 20 times a day.  I'm not even joking!  I especially like playing it while I'm getting ready for the day because I'm not a morning person.  I haven't heard anything else by them but I'm glad I found this.  I don't typically like covers but I've been loving this one.  Favorite lyric: A backless dress and some beat up sneaks, My discothèque, Juliet teenage dream. I felt it in my chest as she looked at me. I knew we were bound to be together, Bound to be together She took my arm, I don't know how it happened. We took the floor and she said, "Oh, don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me." I said, "You're holding back," She said, "Shut up and dance with me!" This woman is my destiny She said, "Oh, oh, oh, Shut up and dance with me."

5. Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor
I love every song she does.  I honestly don't know how anybody could dislike her.  My mom even loves her!!  The 50's vibe of this song is perfection.  The 50's and 60's are my favorite era though so I'm slightly biased.  I just think she's a perfect role model for girls today because she breaks down the stereotypes.  Girls need somebody like her!  #GirlPower  Favorite lyric: Dear future husband, Here's a few things you'll need to know if you wanna be My one and only all my life Dear future husband, If you wanna get that special lovin' Tell me I'm beautiful each and every night

6. Budapest by George Ezra
This is another song I discovered at 3 AM.  If you haven't noticed I'm sort of a night owl.  I loved this song the second I heard it.  It just has a really cool sound that is unique right now.  I immediately bought it and haven't stopped playing it.  I'm constantly humming it no matter what I'm doing.  I really just love his voice.  I will definitely be checking out more of his stuff.  Favorite lyric: My house in Budapest My, my hidden treasure chest Golden grand piano My beautiful Castillo You Ooh, you Ooh, I'd leave it all

7. Geronimo by Sheppard
I'm not sure how I found this song but I'm glad I did.  This song is so upbeat and catchy.  It will be stuck in your head for sure.  I listen to it every morning to wake up.  It really helps especially if I'm struggling to actually wake up which is pretty much daily.  This would also be a good work out song.  I've never heard of this band before.  I'm going to have to look into more of their music too.  Favorite lyric: Can you feel it? Now it's coming back we can steal it If we bridge this gap, I can see you Through the curtains of the waterfall When I lost it, Yeah you held my hand, But I tossed it, Didn't understand, You were waiting, As I dove into the waterfall

8. See You Again by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth
This song is so beautiful and gives me chills every time I listen to it.  I'm not even a Wiz Khalifa fan but he did an awesome job.  I saw Furious 7 this month and this song is in memory of Paul Walker.  I actually cried the first time I heard it.  It is the perfect closure for the fans.  I've been a HUGE Paul Walker fan for years so I appreciate this a lot.  I honestly still can't believe he's gone.  Favorite lyric: How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got? Everything I went through you were standing there by my side And now you gonna be with me for the last ride It's been a long day without you, my friend And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again We've come a long way from where we began  Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again  When I see you again

9. Worth It by Fifth Harmony
This is current obsession right now!  It took me awhile but now I can't stop playing it!  I love everything these girls do.  I REALLY want to see them on tour but sadly they aren't coming around my area.  This video reminds me of a modern day Spice Girls.  Each girl has a very specific role that they protray.  I love the Spice Girls so I'm all for it!  #GirlPower  Favorite lyric: It's all on you, it's all on you It's all on you, so what you wanna do? And if you don't have a clue Not a clue, I'll tell you what to do Come harder just because I don't like it, like it too soft I like it a little rough Not too much, but maybe just enough

10. Stockholm Syndrome by One Direction
Like all my fellow Directioners I've been mourning Zayn's decision to leave.  I have been listening to my 1D playlist on repeat.  This is the song that keeps playing in my head.  I just keep going back to it!  It really shows a darker more mature side of them.  I'm still going to their concert this Summer.  Hopefully it's still an awesome show.  I have faith that it will be though.  Favorite lyric: Who’s this man that’s holding your hand And talking ‘bout your eyes? Used to sing about being free but now he’s changed his mind I know they’ll be coming to find me soon But my Stockholm syndrome is in your room Yeah, I fell for you!




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment